Travel Bug Motels

juliaisirish

I have had a travel bug for several weeks now and want to get it moving. It wants to get to Orlando. I feel bad I have had it this long and need help finding a motel. I feel that will be the best way to get it to Florida quicker. Any tips? Any lists of motels out there for TB's? I am fairly new to this sport. Thanks. :)

Edited by juliaisirish

I have had a travel bug for several weeks now and want to get it moving. It wants to get to Orlando. I feel bad I have had it this long and need help finding a motel. I feel that will be the best way to get it to Florida quicker. Any tips? Any lists of motels out there for TB's? I am fairly new to this sport. Thanks. :D

Just put it in a cache convenient to you. There is nothing special about "TB hotels/motels". In fact, some of them seem to be more like "TB Roach Motels - TBs check in, but they don't check out". :)

Edited by UncleJimbo

I have had a travel bug for several weeks now and want to get it moving. It wants to get to Orlando. I feel bad I have had it this long and need help finding a motel. I feel that will be the best way to get it to Florida quicker. Any tips? Any lists of motels out there for TB's? I am fairly new to this sport. Thanks. :D

Just put it in a cache convenient to you. There is nothing special about "TB hotels/motels". In fact, some of them seem to be more like "TB Roach Motels - TBs check in, but they don't check out". :)

I have wondered about some TB motels, it seems that the ones that move the most bugs are the ones that are by major freeways, or in easy access spots. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the ones that are out in the middle of no where or in a small town no where near a major freeway, don't get much movement.

The other problem is depending on where they are located, they could be muggled easier since they are accessed more often.

Is there anything wrong with dropping off 1-2 TBs and then grabbing 4-5 from the motels to get them moving?

Is there anything wrong with dropping off 1-2 TBs and then grabbing 4-5 from the motels to get them moving?

Travel bugs are meant to move. As long as you can assist the bug towards its goal you can take as many as you wish. It doesn't matter if it's two or twenty.

I just hate the idea of wiping out a cache just so I can move them along. I do normally look at the log books and see who and when a bug was dropped. Maybe leave the ones that just got dropped, and take the others.

I did think that it would be funny to gather as many TBs as I can before I do a drive to Southern Cali. :) Dropping them off all over the west coast.

Travel bugs are meant to move. As long as you can assist the bug towards its goal you can take as many as you wish. It doesn't matter if it's two or twenty.

I just hate the idea of wiping out a cache just so I can move them along.

Why? The goal of the travel bug is paramount to the cache requirements, why strand bugs when they are meant to move?

Any cache that a TB fits in is a good cache.

Travel bugs are not governed by cache rules, the key word is "TRAVEL".

Travel bugs should follow their goals, not languish in a cache until a requirement can be met.

Travel bugs are not trade items, you need not trade for it, you just can't keep them, so why should you have to trade for it, if it is a gamepiece to be moved? You can drop off ten, pick up none, pick up 4, drop off 11, however many you want.

Travel bugs should be logged in a timely manner, which means as soon as possible, especially when dropping them off, since they are now out of your control and could be picked up before there is a chance to log them.

You can visit and revisit a cache as many times as you want to move a TB as long as you only claim one find and the rest are posted as notes.

You can also try searching for caches by name using the keywords Hotel, Motel, or Inn and some may come up, if that word is in the name.

Edited by Eartha