this is odd ... where did they go?

ADCARVINGS

got a quick question ...

a friend of mine has the mapsource topo canada program and we downloaded a bunch of maps onto my 60CS the other day. and i just got a older copy of metro guide canada V4 and uploaded the maps for bc and alberta onto it ... but after doing that my topo maps are gone? by putting the road maps on did i overwrite the topo ones? i can only see the americas base maps and the road maps listed in the unit when yu go to setup maps ... can anyone clarify this for me? if i overwrote the topo is it possible to have both on there at the same time? it apreas that i still have half my memory card available even with the road maps on there so i believe i have enough room. says 42% full on card info.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Adam

got a quick question ...

a friend of mine has the mapsource topo canada program and we downloaded a bunch of maps onto my 60CS the other day. and i just got a older copy of metro guide canada V4 and uploaded the maps for bc and alberta onto it ... but after doing that my topo maps are gone? by putting the road maps on did i overwrite the topo ones? i can only see the americas base maps and the road maps listed in the unit when yu go to setup maps ... can anyone clarify this for me? if i overwrote the topo is it possible to have both on there at the same time? it apreas that i still have half my memory card available even with the road maps on there so i believe i have enough room. says 42% full on card info.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Adam

Yes, you can load multiple Mapsource map products and toggle them on/off as desired to view the map set you want. Go to Sputnik57's excellent Map60CS FAQs for info on this, plus all sorts of other tips.

oh i see ... thanks to all that replyed. since the topo program is on my friends comp and the street one is on my comp i guess i only get one at a time then since they overwrite them selves... kinda sucks

oh well i guess thems the breaks if i dont wana open the wallet :o

I have always wondered why Garmin doesn't incrementally add maps. Now I know. It encourages people to open the wallet for maps that are not locked.