Logs are disappeard

JZRed

Hi,

My girlfriend an me has got two speparated acounts, and since March we found out, that some of our Logs were deleted. (During a comparision, because with some exeptions we made all caches together)

As we find out that the logs are "deleted" we asked first the differnet owners but all of them said, that they never has deleted any log.

So we have no explanation for that phenomen.

Is someone of you able to explain what has happend there.

Regards

JZRed (Germany)

Email the owner back and let them know that you will be relogging the caches on the original date.

If they didn't delete the original one then they shouldn't have a problem.

It's also possible that you logged the wrong cache by accident and that the owner of that cache deleted the log?

Email the owner back and let them know that you will be relogging the caches on the original date.

If they didn't delete the original one then they shouldn't have a problem.

It's also possible that you logged the wrong cache by accident and that the owner of that cache deleted the log?

I logged the Caches again, but I am afraid that this problem comes again. As I try to explain. My girlfriend has got the same problem that some logs are disapeaed. We definitiv have not received an e-mail that the log is deleted by someone. (By an deleted log by the owner i receive one)

I afraid that I should check now day by day/ week by week that all caches I made a futher on logged

:-)

Does anyone else has got this problem????

Could you provide examples of the caches where this is happening?

Sure

eg.

GCJAB8 (that was the last one who as disappeard) but I have relogt the cache

GCZ12X

for more examples I need more time, because I have to read the log's again.

Thanks for your help in advance

When I started caching, some of my logs went "missing" after I was sure that I had entered them.

Are you sure that the logs were entered on the cache pages and then deleted later?

When entering a log, at the bottom of the page there are two button, "Submit log entry" and Visit another listing: GCXXXX "Go".

On more than one occasion. I did NOT "Submit log entry" and simply entered my next GC number to "GO" the the next lisiting.

When I started caching, some of my logs went "missing" after I was sure that I had entered them.

Are you sure that the logs were entered on the cache pages and then deleted later?

When entering a log, at the bottom of the page there are two button, "Submit log entry" and Visit another listing: GCXXXX "Go".

On more than one occasion. I did NOT "Submit log entry" and simply entered my next GC number to "GO" the the next lisiting.

Hey I don't think that is was the problem because by the first one I can remember that I read the log on the cacheside, but some days later it was going away.

Regards

JZ

Running the "My finds" pocket query of two different cachers makes it easy to compare what caches both cachers have found.

Thanks I know how I am able to compare the logs of two Cachers. The problem is that sometimes Caches which we have definately loged are "unlogged"

I checked the two example caches that the OP provided. When a log is deleted, a site volunteer or Groundspeak admin still has access to that log.

There are no deleted logs from the OP's account on either of these caches. In nearly five years of researching caches and logs, I've never seen a case where logs simply disappeared. If properly entered, the log will either be on the cache page or be in the place where deleted logs are stored. (Of course, there's always a first time...)

Running the "My finds" pocket query of two different cachers makes it easy to compare what caches both cachers have found.

Thanks I know how I am able to compare the logs of two Cachers. The problem is that sometimes Caches which we have definately loged are "unlogged"

Hi, thanks for your support I startet to print srceen shots form each log and will look for more "disapeared" logs if I found a new one I will provide here an new example.

Thanks a lot for your investigation

JZRed