Credit Lost for Find on disabled cache?

Sommers

Someone near me put out 2 caches in the beginning of summer. The listing for the 2nd cache had the wrong coords and he made a note in the description what the correct cords were. After reading the expalnation i went out with the corrsect coords and found it...only problem was it was only 275+/- ft from their other cache. I signed the log and logged the find online and notified the owner that the cache may be too close and they may want to ask the reviewer for a "waiver" to keep the cache in place. I don't know what communication went on but a couple of days later the cache listing page had only ??????? for coords (yes i was logged in) and in red "this cache has been disabled...etc" not archived. A few days later you couldn't find the cache listed in "area" search, only in "All Caches Found" column , a few days later it was gone from there as well and i can't find it at all...trouble is i didn't notice my count until i had logged a few more caches so i don't know if this cache is still in my count even though i don't see it or if it was removed. Any ideas?

Go to geocaching.com and log in. Click on your name at top of page where it is listed as logged in. This will show a listing of your recent activity. In the stats box on the right click "view my profile". This will bring up your profile page. Click the blue tab marked "geocaches" on your profile page. This will give you a list of the numbers for your caches and the caches you have found. Click on the icons to get a listing for those caches. Example click the icon for traditional caches. You can see if that cache is listed in those that you are credited as finding.

Don't become too obsessed with the numbers. The numbers mean different things to different people.

I did all that that's what i meant when i said i could no longer find it in my stats bar....so if it's "unpublished" they delete the cache from my total count?

As I understand it caches are not supposed to be unpublished once they're found for this very reason.

I think either a reviewer made a mistake (it happens to everyone) and they should have archived it instead of changing it, or they're planning on replacing the listing soon because of some other things that are being done in which case you'll probably see your Find show up again.

If you want to preserve your find count, feel free to log a "Find" on any of my caches and your totals will be correct.

If its not there then it was "unpublished" and you get no credit.

No - your find on a retracted cache remains. I have two such finds in my player account. I can see the log, but not the cache. I'd link to the log, but you can't even see it.

This sounds like a retracted cache. The find should remain. However, the cache page with ????? showing (assuming the OP was truly logged in) isn't a normal feature, so there may be some site bug involved. It's also possible that the cache owner deleted (archived) his find, in which case it would be gone. There should be email notification of a deleted find.