The New Date Widget in the Log Form

Ville Saari

When I was trying to log a find today, I noticed that the form fields where the log date is entered have been replaced with some almost unusable javascript kludge. If I need to change the date from the default value, then it is usually just the last digit on one or more fields that I need to change, but the new system doesn't allow me to do that. It's all or nothing, so I can't just decrement one from the day, but I have to type both digits (or all four in case of year). :)

I don't know if it was actually designed to be this irritating to use, or if it's just broken due to some browser incompatibility, but there is also another problem, which most likely is due to dependency to certain browser or font: If I want to edit the days, I can't just click there or it will highlight the year. I have to click at the slash character between month and day to activate the day, so the hot areas for mouse click are much smaller than the actual font size my browser uses there.

Please return the old date widget - not everyone is using Microsoft's products. :sad:

I'm having similar trouble with Firefox v2.0.0.6 on OSX. The little calendar works great, but trying to manually make changes to the date field is an exercise in frustration. Sometimes, clicking one area selects one thing, sometimes it's another. I'm finding that it takes me 4-5 attempts to select the portion that I intended to.

Please return the old date widget - not everyone is using Microsoft's products. :lol:

I also found it irritating and cumbersome and I am using Microsoft XP. Logging 50 finds via an express logger I had to change the date manually each time. I'm curious what the perceived or desired upgrade was to accomplish.