Why don’t the maps appear

Hobo2

Why am I not getting those handy instant maps appearing on each cache page any longer? :(

My guess is that you are not logged in. ;)

I'm logged in just fine, but still no maps. the maps use to just appear, but no longer. I can click on the lower one (all i see of the lower one is a line to click on), which will take me to the map page, but no maps are visible on any cache pages I look at, can you tell me why?

Edited by Hobo2

Why am I not getting those handy instant maps appearing on each cache page any longer? :(

I'm logged in just fine, but still no maps. the maps use to just appear, but no longer. I can click on the lower one (all i see of the lower one is a line to click on), which will take me to the map page, but no maps are visible on any cache pages I look at, can you tell me why?

That is weird. I see them just fine. Are you using a different browser or something? I would check your browser option for displaying graphics.

Edited by GeoScooter1

All that I can tell you is that if I logout, I get the exact same behavior that you report. I log back in and the 'problem' no longer appears. Beyond that, I haven't a clue.

Good luck. :)

Edited by Team Cotati

All that I can tell you is that if I logout, I get the exact same behavior that you report. I log back in and the 'problem' no longer appears. Beyond that, I haven't a clue.

Good luck. :)

Thanks for the help, but its still doing it. I checked my browsers firewall and everything looks good. I opened GC11EEO, which has some photos on its page, the photos came through just fine but no map. Where do I go from here for some help. Those maps are handy, I don't want to loose them! :D

I went to that exact cache while logged in and I see the pics and the maps. I logged out and went to the cache and all I see are the pics and NO maps. You can be logged into the forums and not geocaching.com. You have to log into them both. What does it say at the top right when you are on that cache page? You are logged in?

If you advertisements where you normally see the maps in the upper right, you are more than likely not logged in. Trying logging out and then logging back in if it says you are logged in.

I went to that exact cache while logged in and I see the pics and the maps. I logged out and went to the cache and all I see are the pics and NO maps. You can be logged into the forums and not geocaching.com. You have to log into them both. What does it say at the top right when you are on that cache page? You are logged in?

If you advertisements where you normally see the maps in the upper right, you are more than likely not logged in. Trying logging out and then logging back in if it says you are logged in.

I logged in, it does this automatically, then I logged out and manually logged back in. Then I went to our test page and still no maps. The pics where there, but no maps, bummer. :( It must be my computer if it's not happening to others. I don't know much about the workings of computers, and I'm not ready to pay for an expensive repair if everything else is working just fine, so I guess I'm stuck ;) . Thanks for trying! If you do have any other ideas that might help, please pass them on to me.

No, I mean clearing your browser cache which stores your webpage information. Sometimes it gets junked up and needs to be cleared.

Log out.

Go to the internet options/preferences on your internet browser (Firefox, IE, Opera or whatever).

Find the cache settings.

Clear the cache.

Then log back in.

Good idea! Might want to turn the computer off and then back on again after you clear out your browser cache. I would also be logged off when I shut the computer down and then log back in after it comes back up. Ya never know.

OK...I was just able to duplicate the problem. I have Firefox as my browser and when I was on the cache page, I right-clicked on the map and then clicked on "AdBlock image" and now....no maps. Perhaps you have set your spyware setting (if you are not using Firefox) to something that is blocking images.

Edited by GeoScooter1

No, I mean clearing your browser cache which stores your webpage information. Sometimes it gets junked up and needs to be cleared.

Log out.

Go to the internet options/preferences on your internet browser (Firefox, IE, Opera or whatever).

Find the cache settings.

Clear the cache.

Then log back in.

Good idea! Might want to turn the computer off and then back on again after you clear out your browser cache. I would also be logged off when I shut the computer down and then log back in after it comes back up. Ya never know.

OK...I was just able to duplicate the problem. I have Firefox as my browser and when I was on the cache page, I right-clicked on the map and then clicked on "AdBlock image" and now....no maps. Perhaps you have set your spyware setting (if you are not using Firefox) to something that is blocking images.

I'll try that and let you know... THANKS!

Log out.

Find the cache settings.

Clear the cache.

Then log back in.

Log out.

Find the cache settings.

Clear the cache.

Then log back in.

WAHOOOO :lol: It works... thank God. I opened a cache page, right clicked on the lower map... my list had a tab which said "Block images from Google". This did not have a check by it so I clicked on it. Then the page showed the maps, but not my list on the left hand side ie "Hind & seak", etc. Then I went back to the map, right clicked again, this time the "Blocked image from Google", had a check by it. I clicked on it again and everything came back. I still don,t understand what I did or how it worked, but it worked.

Thanks to all of you :)

Hobo2

Log out.

Find the cache settings.

Clear the cache.

Then log back in.

WAHOOOO :lol: It works... thank God. I opened a cache page, right clicked on the lower map... my list had a tab which said "Block images from Google". This did not have a check by it so I clicked on it. Then the page showed the maps, but not my list on the left hand side ie "Hind & seak", etc. Then I went back to the map, right clicked again, this time the "Blocked image from Google", had a check by it. I clicked on it again and everything came back. I still don,t understand what I did or how it worked, but it worked.

Thanks to all of you :)

Hobo2

You're welcome.

Log out.

Find the cache settings.

Clear the cache.

Then log back in.

Thanks to all of you :(

Hobo2

You're welcome.

Seems odd to me that toggling image blocking from google would affect images that come from yahoo. I never would have guessed that one, fer sure.

Or perhaps the image source differs from one computer to the next. :):)

Is this somehow tied to the default mail server setting? Strange.

Does not appear to be an issue in ie6.

Edited by Team Cotati

Log out.

Find the cache settings.

Clear the cache.

Then log back in.

Thanks to all of you :(

Hobo2

You're welcome.

Seems odd to me that toggling image blocking from google would affect images that come from yahoo. I never would have guessed that one, fer sure.

Or perhaps the image source differs from one computer to the next. :):)

Is this somehow tied to the default mail server setting? Strange.

My guess is that he has Google Toolbar and it has all sorts of blocking features which would be similar to the Adblock feature in Firefox. I use it quite a bit to block images on pages I frequent and don't wish to see everytime I visit the page. It comes in handy at times.

Let's try that one more time, shall we?

"Seems odd to me that toggling image blocking from google would affect images that come from yahoo. I never would have guessed that one, fer sure."

Whether the OP has the google tool bar, the yahoo tool bar, or aunt myrtle's toolbar, logic that rationalizes the toggling of some known or unknown setting that is labeled to pertain to google images that in actuality blocks images who's source is yahoo.com, makes zero sense.

Such may in fact be what is happening, but if it is it still makes zero sense.

Criminnie!! Glad the OP got his issue resolved in any case.

Perhaps I missed it, did the OP ever mention having the google tool bar in effect?