Cachemate for Dell PDA

wesleykey

I have used cachemate and GSAK with an old Palm Zire for a long time. I have now upgraded to a Dell Axim and have installed the other version of cachemate (PC not Palm OS). I don't know how to send files from GSAK to the Dell. Do I not export a cachemate PDB file, or is this just for the Palm? Help!

Palm and Windows Mobile devices do things a bit differently, so you're going to have to get out of thinking in "Palm" and start thinking in "Windows Mobile." To transfer files over to you Dell Axim you will generally just click on your Dell (when connected to your PC) in My Computer on your PC to open up a window showing the contents of your Dell. Then you can just drag and drop the files over to whatever folder on your Dell you want the files in. For Cachemate, use GSAK to export a GPX file and copy this file onto your Dell Axim. Start up Cachemate, and use the little import button at the bottom of the screen (looks like an arrow pointing to a bunch of pieces of paper), select the options required on the screen that appears, and then click the 'start' button at the bottom left. This will open up a dialogue. you can then find the file you copied over and load the GPX into Cachemate. If the GPX has a lot of caches in it, this may take a few minutes. You'll see the progress dialogue tell you where it's at. The slowness of loading the GPX is my biggest gripe with the PPC version of Cachemate.