Exporist 500LE USB or drivers?

hunttess

I am having trouble with my Exporist 500LE and connecting using my USB. When I connect, I get a meaage that it does not recognize the device. I used the software that was provided with the GPS. I think it could be a problem with the drivers not being installed properly, but I am not sure. Customer service was no help at all. I am runnig on Windows XP. Can anyone help me?

Try this. Connect cable to gps and then power adapter, not usb yet. Then turn on gps and wait until a few sats lock in, then attach usb. Let me know if it works.

The 500LE does not come with a power adapter, but I will try it with just the USB when I go home. The strange this is, I was able to connect the unit to my PC at work which also runs on XP. Will let you know how it turns out. Thanks.

go to your control panel then System>hardware>>device manager. Check to see if you have a yellow exclamation mark that says something like USB device/disk drive or something similar to this, if so click on the update driver and then point it to your CD rom drive with the driver in it. It might just not know where to get the driver it needs to see your unit.

Edited by bassmig