Cache type, categorizing a Multi or Puzzle?

CJJIT

So my 1st cache has multiple WPs before the final...To find WP1, the seeker must know the rules to a specific card game...I've labeled it a Multi, it past review and was published. The 1st two finders suggested it be a Mystery/Puzzle. Anyone have any thoughts??

Yup . . . I would say it is a Puzzle. Usually a Multi is a cache you can find by getting the coordinates for the next waypoint, or the final, directly, or by doing some simple substitution of numbers (off a sign or plaque) or very simple math.

Having to know some rules to a specific card game would certainly be Puzzling to me . . . :D

Puzzle for sure. Caches often get or become mis-catigorized due to:

1. Hider Error (ignorance or forgeting to change the type)

2. Changes in the cache types and rules over time on gc.com

3. Hiders who change the cache page - like making a multi into a traditional or vice versa for various reasons

So when you are seeking, look out for this problem to save yourself grief. Better yet, email the local reviewer and save some other people some grief too.

Only an Admin/Reviewer can change the cache type because that is a job best left to professionals.