Mio Digiwalker C220

I asked a similar question. You can read the replies here.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...0848&hl=mio

That didn't really help with the C220. But other Mio GPS. I can assume they are similar tho.

Anyone else have a C220? and have figured out how to use it for geocaching?

I have a Mio Digiwalker C310X C220 and C320. All of them work great for geocaching and I would recomend them to anyone.

Just click on Menu, then Corodinates. Enter the corodinates for the geocache, It will bring up the location on the map and you click the Rout To button.

It will now rout you to the geocache.

Once you get to the location and you cant drive any further. Go to your settings, click route settings, and change vehicle from Car to pedestrian. This way you can walk around with it and it shows where you are without locking to the road.

I have also created a file that I loaded on an SD card and put in the GPS so that it has all of the Geocaches in Florida listed as POI's. I can just drive around and see them pop up on the map or go to specific ones without typing in the corordinate each time.

I asked a similar question. You can read the replies here.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...0848&hl=mio

That didn't really help with the C220. But other Mio GPS. I can assume they are similar tho.

Anyone else have a C220? and have figured out how to use it for geocaching?

I have a Mio Digiwalker C310X C220 and C320. All of them work great for geocaching and I would recomend them to anyone.

Just click on Menu, then Corodinates. Enter the corodinates for the geocache, It will bring up the location on the map and you click the Rout To button.

It will now rout you to the geocache.

Once you get to the location and you cant drive any further. Go to your settings, click route settings, and change vehicle from Car to pedestrian. This way you can walk around with it and it shows where you are without locking to the road.

I have also created a file that I loaded on an SD card and put in the GPS so that it has all of the Geocaches in Florida listed as POI's. I can just drive around and see them pop up on the map or go to specific ones without typing in the corordinate each time.

Could I ask a huge favor? Could a sample of that file be posted to this site so that I can be a total mooch and use it as a template. I am brand new to the MIO and havent really had the time to dig around the features let alone deconstruct the file formats.

Thanks in advance. --Hege

Could I ask a huge favor? Could a sample of that file be posted to this site so that I can be a total mooch and use it as a template. I am brand new to the MIO and havent really had the time to dig around the features let alone deconstruct the file formats.

Thanks in advance. --Hege

Check out this thread on the C230 for a sample POI file to upload, and info on exporting POIs with GSAK: