TB/Cache combo?

Cache_advance

Had an idea, which I have emailed to my reviewer, but I wanted to hear how you all would weigh in on this...

I want to hide a cache in town, protected by a padlock. Then, I want to put the KEY for that padlock on a TB. That TB would be chained to a copy of a map of my county, with all of the counties caches marked on it. The goal of the Bug would be to visit each of the caches on the map. As a finder grabs the bug, they can "check" it off on the map, and drop it in another cache.

In order to find my newest cache, someone would need to track the bug, find the cache it was dropped in, and grab it. Finally, they could use that key to go find/unlock the cache. I would make dupes of the key, so if/when the bug goes missing, I could simply start another copy of it.

What do you think? Would you approve this cache if you were a reviewer?

That was done in Boise several years ago. The TB ended up being passed around a lot and since it was the key to the cache it was always in demand. The cache itself was popular but...back then there were less caches than now. People were willing to do the work for the find.

Edit to add: This type of cache is approvable under the current guidelines. You may need extra TB's as noted above.

Edited by Renegade Knight

I have a cache/TB combo similar to your cache idea: Cesar Cat's Box - GCNNGA. There is one in Kansas City, MO too but I cannot remember the name of it. With my cache , the TB doesn't need to hit all the caches in the area, just STAY in the St. Louis area. I made three TB keys, two of which are still floating around. The cache doesn't get hit very often because the location is fairly (for St. Louis anyway) remote - no trails to it either. And there is a simple cypher to solve in order to find it also. Good luck with yours. It sounds fun! :)

CF30

Had an idea, which I have emailed to my reviewer, but I wanted to hear how you all would weigh in on this...

I want to hide a cache in town, protected by a padlock. Then, I want to put the KEY for that padlock on a TB. That TB would be chained to a copy of a map of my county, with all of the counties caches marked on it. The goal of the Bug would be to visit each of the caches on the map. As a finder grabs the bug, they can "check" it off on the map, and drop it in another cache.

In order to find my newest cache, someone would need to track the bug, find the cache it was dropped in, and grab it. Finally, they could use that key to go find/unlock the cache. I would make dupes of the key, so if/when the bug goes missing, I could simply start another copy of it.

What do you think? Would you approve this cache if you were a reviewer?

I see no problems with it. Good luck on your travel bug and cache.