Newbie Questions.....(I did use search and FAQ)

yellowgpszoot

Hello, new to this site, new to gps, etc. etc.

Been researching for a week(which is a while for me) before sliding the credit card, learned what I want but still had some questions........any help will be appreciated

1) Is City Navigator(DVD NT or original) only allowed on one computer?(staying at friends house in CA, my comp is in Vegas.....gonna be in CA for a while and Iam eventually gonna want City Navigator on my comp in Vegas) basically, can I load one DVD on both these computers without problems?

2) NT or Regular DVD(City Navigator, NA), for a Legend or Vista HCx?

3) Is it worth an extra $30 to get the VistaHCX vs. the LegendHCX, for the EC and BA?(I have a real compass, and feel that I dont need that accurate elevation readings)..........the $30 isnt the problem, thinking that VistaHCX is more prone to "breaking"/glitching due to more "programs", especially when I know that I dont necessarily need them(EC and BA)

4) Does anyone think that prices will fall "significantly" within the next 3-4 months?

Legend/Vista HCx?

City Navigator?

Anyone know when the next upgrades might take place on the HCXs` or the City Navigator software?

5) When was the HCx introduced?

Thanks

You can put the City Navigator maps on as many computers as you use. You can only put them on one GPSr, however.

I'm still not quite sure about the difference between the NT and non-NT versions. :lol: Someone else will come along and clarify that for you.

The HCx units just started shipping so they are brand new. Same way with the new City Navigator and Topo 2008 maps.

When/if I upgrade my trusty Vista C, I'll probably get the Vista HCx, but that's just me. I like having the compass, others don't. :lol: