Can't log in to the forum as Steinwälzer

SabrinaM

I created a new (premium member) account to change my geocaching name to Steinwälzer. My old account (which I use now here) is not used anymore, I deleted all logs etc. and of course it would be great to use my new account too in this forum. But I can't log in. <_< I guess it is because of the "Ä" in the name... Is there any way to access the forum as Steinwälzer?!

Thanks for your help,

Sabrina / Steinwälzer

I'm sorry to hear about your problem, and I'm not really sure of an answer.

My German teacher once taught me that "If you don't have access to a character map to put an e after the vowel that requires umlauts."

ex. Schön

Schoen = Same thing.

I don't know if the site will recognize this or not, but you may try it. Who knows? I'm sure someone else will have a better solution to your problem.

t_h

Woh, that was strange, but finally I got it!

I tried both writings, "Steinwälzer" and "Steinwaelzer" and even "Steinwäzer", and after getting a message that "this user does not exist" with the last two writings, and an message that my passwort is not correct with the first writing, I tried my passwort, but used just lower-case letters (it has not just lower-case letters in it :blink: ), and THIS works...

I think that is quite unusual, I really thought it was because of the "Ä" and not because of my password...

So here I am, with my "real" name

Steinwälzer :(