Micro found in large cache

drsolly

I just did "Sue-W - Hertford TB Hotel & Geocoin Bank", GC13V78.

Inside the box, was a micro, including a log, and values written on the log for C, J and P.

The log has entries dated 17/12 (Tigger too) and 19.1.06 (Bones1)

Anyone know what this is about, and what (if anything) I'm suppoed to do with this?

Sounds like some kind of travelling cache in the guise of a TB. I've heard of these but never seen one before. I think bones1 is a regular contributor here so maybe he may be able to give you more information.

I did think "TB", but there's no tag or registration number.

I wonder if it could be a ciste - les cistes is a French thing very similar to caching, and an early log on the cache you visited mentions "a strange French travel bug type thing". No-one has said anything since about taking it.

If it isn't, then I imagine it is a travelling cache, as dino-irl said. They're not allowed now, but ones that are still out there are "grandfathered in".

Inside the box, was a micro, including a log, and values written on the log for C, J and P.

Anyone know what this is about, and what (if anything) I'm suppoed to do with this?

My guess is that it may have been a ready made cache that you can trade for and hide. I'm thinkning this because there was no info inside the micro explaining any other purpose. Perhaps the people that logged it did it by accident when they found the larger cache that it was inside of....

A quick bit of investigation showed 3 caches visited by tigger_too on 17/12/05 and bones1 on 19/01/06:

Turnerhill marsh cache (Lee valley) by siloans aka daddy (GCN6MT)

Electric fish by siloans aka daddy (GCR9NQ)

Too Much ivy by siloans aka daddy (GCR9MZ)

Strange thing is none of them seem to have gone missing, or have been micros, and there in nothing in the log entries about anything being picked up.

The mystery deepens....

- Neil.

EDIT: Darn, beaten to it by someone who can type faster!

Sounds like one of these 3 caches has found its way into this cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ba3bf&log=y

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...90dba&log=y

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ff933&log=y

They are the only caches that tigger_too and Bones1 found on those dates.

Edited by Jaz666

My guess is that it may have been a ready made cache that you can trade for and hide. I'm thinkning this because there was no info inside the micro explaining any other purpose. Perhaps the people that logged it did it by accident when they found the larger cache that it was inside of....

That doesn't explain the values written on the log for C, J and P. It's as if this micro was part of some series, and you need those values for the final? Inside, it calls itself "Cache 1" and there's "2" written on the lid.

That doesn't explain the values written on the log for C, J and P. It's as if this micro was part of some series, and you need those values for the final? Inside, it calls itself "Cache 1" and there's "2" written on the lid.

I read through all the past logs and this log seems to be the one that shows how it got into the cache. You might email that person and ask them where they got it. Perhaps they accidentally took off with someone else's gamepiece.... Edited by TrailGators