Diabetes Bug has finished goal now what

5inCalif4Geo

We just dropped off a diabetes tb that has completed its goal. We didn't see anything in its info page that let people log that it has reached its destination other than a usual travel bug log in page and also a diabetes bug contest photo page. Did we miss ia special log in place? We're assuming that someone out there wants to know that these bugs actually do reach their goals.

We just dropped off a diabetes tb that has completed its goal. We didn't see anything in its info page that let people log that it has reached its destination other than a usual travel bug log in page and also a diabetes bug contest photo page. Did we miss ia special log in place? We're assuming that someone out there wants to know that these bugs actually do reach their goals.

That is an excellent question. I have a funny feeling that nobody is really looking at if they complete their mission. Except maybe those of us who got the TB in the mail and sent it off to begin with. I bet once it reaches its goal it probably is meant just to continue traveling the world spreading the word about diabetes. I could be wrong though.

Good job if you got it to its goal!

Eric

That is an excellent question. I have a funny feeling that nobody is really looking at if they complete their mission. Except maybe those of us who got the TB in the mail and sent it off to begin with. I bet once it reaches its goal it probably is meant just to continue traveling the world spreading the word about diabetes. I could be wrong though.

Good job if you got it to its goal!

Eric

You're right.

None of these bugs are coming to my local area but I think it would be pretty cool to use them for a Diabetes Educational Event.

Just move them along.

20,000 Unite For Diabetes Travel Bugs were sent out a while back, and you had to sign up to recieve one and you had to sign an agreement that you would release it within a few weeks, and they were each given a different city around the world as a goal. The purpose of them is to promote the Diabetes Awareness Campaign. They are not meant to be kept as souvenirs, they are owned by the U4D campaignl, and are meant to travel and spread the word.

All 20,000 were handed out, they are not for sale. But you can probably find one in a cache near you and help it along the way. They are not a coin, they are a blue ring attached to a travel bug tag.

Forgot to say what the diabetes bug was that completed its city goal:

Pleasanton, California

We picked it up while in Portland, OR and fortunately were heading the 600 miles or so south to the Pleasanton area soon.

I'm glad the bugs' true purpose is to spread the word about diabetes as we have 2 young nieces with Type 1 diabetes, but it's still fun to have the bugs reach their city goal. We were the first to put out one bound for Midrand, South Africa but is has a LONG ways to go.