waypoint page question

I guess I did not explain it very well. I have my pocket query filled out but when I open it and try to send it, like to Easy GPS it will only do one page at a time. Also it will not E-Mail me my query either even though I have the option check marked? I figured maybe the E-Mailed version would let me put it directly all at once in to Easy GPS.

I guess I did not explain it very well. I have my pocket query filled out but when I open it and try to send it, like to Easy GPS it will only do one page at a time. Also it will not E-Mail me my query either even though I have the option check marked? I figured maybe the E-Mailed version would let me put it directly all at once in to Easy GPS.

That is exactly how it works. But of course you have got to get the email. Perhaps you ought to setup a yahoo.com or gmail or hotmail account. All of those are known to work. Who/What is your email provider?

I presume that you are clicking on the preview link and that it is not a null file, i.e. there are caches listed. Also you should not have needed to check anything to get the email sent, that is the default. Of course when you setup your geocaching.com account you needed to specify an email addy to send to or else you can enter one manually at the time just prior to submitting the query.

Edited by Team Cotati

I got the E-Mail finally. I did not check a day. Now I have saved it the file in a documents folder. Now to figure out how to get it to GSAK?

Start GSAK, do database, new, give it a name, create.

Then file, load gpx/loc, click ok. Navigate to the location of the .zip file from the email, select it, click ok.

The .zip file will be automatically unzipped and the database will be populated with the contents of the zip file.

It is not rocket science but it can be frustrating sometimes.

Done. :o

Edited by Team Cotati

Okay I am getting somewhere now. :o Although I saved the file from my E-Mail in my documents . I guess there is an easier way to just extract it straight from the E-Mail without haveing to save it as a file on my computor? I have it in GSAK now . Now to figure out the easiest way to filter some caches to my PDA and GPS. I tried to get the GSAK 101 to open in English but it will not open for me? I need to find somewhere a standard method how to link .

Okay I am getting somewhere now. :o Although I saved the file from my E-Mail in my documents . I guess there is an easier way to just extract it straight from the E-Mail without haveing to save it as a file on my computor? I have it in GSAK now . Now to figure out the easiest way to filter some caches to my PDA and GPS. I tried to get the GSAK 101 to open in English but it will not open for me? I need to find somewhere a standard method how to link .
You can write a macro in GSAK to get the file from your email, but only advanced users should attempt doing that. So just drag and drop the file into GSAK. It's easy! :laughing:

Thank's for all the help. I have started filtering even though some of them came back when I accidently clicked on open gpx/loc again,that is stange? Because when I went back to do the same filters again there was not as many this time around doing the same filter sequense. Anyway I just put 75 caches on my pda for the first time. So I really feal like I am doing something finally.

As a relative newbie, what exactly is it that you expect that GSAK is going to do for you that you can't first accomplish in the PQ filter/download, import into GSAK, send to your GPSr and create the PDA file?

I keep hearing this stuff over and over so I must be missing something pretty important but for the life of me I haven't been able to discover what it might be as I continue to select, download and find all of the caches that Mrs. Team Cotati and my poor old feets can handle.

But for a relative newbie, I for sure can't see it. :):wub::laughing:

Where the OP lives, it might be possible to load one PQ into GSAK and send the information to their GPSr, and have all the caches they might reasonably drive by during a day of caching, or when they are running errands.

Where I live, there are too many caches . . . :laughing: My GPSr only holds 500 waypoints and there are more than 1300 Non-Puzzle caches in a circle 35 miles around my location. If I am heading to the southwest, as I am today, I have to filter the database in the direction I am traveling to get the number of caches down below 500. On Sunday, I'll be going in a different direction, so I'll have to Delete all of today's waypoints from my GPSr, do a different "Direction/Distance" filter in GSAK and reload it.

One PQ and EasyGPS would work great for anyone who lives in a less "cache-rich" area. :wub:

For me, I am very appreciative of all the filtering capabilities of GSAK. :)

Where the OP lives, it might be possible to load one PQ into GSAK and send the information to their GPSr, and have all the caches they might reasonably drive by during a day of caching, or when they are running errands.

Where I live, there are too many caches . . . :laughing: My GPSr only holds 500 waypoints and there are more than 1300 Non-Puzzle caches in a circle 35 miles around my location. If I am heading to the southwest, as I am today, I have to filter the database in the direction I am traveling to get the number of caches down below 500. On Sunday, I'll be going in a different direction, so I'll have to Delete all of today's waypoints from my GPSr, do a different "Direction/Distance" filter in GSAK and reload it.

One PQ and EasyGPS would work great for anyone who lives in a less "cache-rich" area. :D

For me, I am very appreciative of all the filtering capabilities of GSAK. :D

That is only true if there is no advance planning. I can tell you for sure certain that that is exactly how me and The Team go caching. My gizmo has never had over 80 caches loaded into it at one time. Normally never more than 30-40. And even more radical, after we log a caching outing, the giz has ZERO caches in it since I purposefully delete them in parparation for our next cache hunt outing. Of course The Team considers it a really really BIG day of geocaching when we find more than 12 caches in a day. How the OP will survive is a mystery, isn't it? Strange fer sure. :wub::DB)

"Where the OP lives, it might be possible to load one PQ into GSAK and send the information to their GPSr, and have all the caches they might reasonably drive by during a day of caching, or when they are running errands."

I am becoming more and more convinced everday that I am the only one on the planet who doesn't geocache 7 days a week, everywhere that I drive, regardless of what I might otherwise be doing. That has got to be it, don't you think? I wonder, how many caches per day the majority of cachers would consider a BIG day? Criminnie, it must be over 30 fer sure. B):D:)

Edited by Team Cotati