ooops.

I went to check on my Bolton Town Centre cache on Saturday and I could not find it. I assumed it had been muggled. This was the second time that it had gone so I decided to archive it. Since then two people have logged it as a find. One of them wrote to me with an perfect description of the cache and its location. He was there two days after I had been. Its seems I have been a bit hasty. Can one of our kind reviewers unarchive it please? I am completely baffled as to how I missed it.

Might be that a cacher had found it and had retreated a safe distance to sign the log whilst you were looking for it?

I see the logs on it are dated today, they may have visited at the weekend and have only just logged them and forgot to change the date. <_<

Or it may be someone else who has yet to log it :P

Might be that a cacher had found it and had retreated a safe distance to sign the log whilst you were looking for it?

I see the logs on it are dated today, they may have visited at the weekend and have only just logged them and forgot to change the date. <_<

Or it may be someone else who has yet to log it :P

The thing is that I went to check on it because, someone emailed me with a DNF but did not log it online. Its a fake rock at the bottom of a tree. I wonder if somebody has moved it to a different tree.

Hi Paul

It's become something of a standing joke between Pieman, Bargee and I about me not being able to find my Feed the ducks cache...

Pieman goes there every time and plucks it from a hidely hole, I still can't fnd it, but it gets found every so often!

Wierd!

someone emailed me with a DNF but did not log it online.

One of my pet hates. Usually the person who went looking knows there may be a problem, and the cache owner knows there's a problem, but not any poor sod who goes looking before the owner can check or disable. I do wish people would log their DNFs if there's a chance a cache could be missing.

ive had this on my list for a while, i'm in bolton every weekend but not had chance to snag it yet

i spent about 10 mins looking for my own cache Going For Gold, i was showing my cousin what it was all about while dropping in a coin...almost gave up and then saw it in the exact same place i originally hid it :laughing: looks like it's blended in well to its surroundings now

Just agree with Pengy+Tigger. The habit that some people have of not logging DNFs for... I dunno, kudos? Blemishing their record? Anyhow, the habit that some people have of not logging DNFs is frustrating. It is the best way to let a cache owner know that there may be a problem OR if it is a tricky hide, let other future cachers know that is going to be a bit of a swine to find! :laughing:

Maybe this:

******* SPOILER *******

should have been at the beginning of this post.

The thing is that I went to check on it because, someone emailed me with a DNF but did not log it online. Its a fake rock at the bottom of a tree. I wonder if somebody has moved it to a different tree.

:D:D:D

i was thinknig that when reading through, i tried to turn my eyes away quick but it was too late :(...i'll still probably overlook it when i get chance to go though haha