caching on a road trip.

hello everybody I am still new at this with only 5 finds under my belt. I am taking a 300 or so mile road trip sunday and I was wandering if ther was an easy way to find caches along my route? Next month I plan on becomeing a premium memer @geocaching.com and a googleearth plus member so then it should be easy but this trip is only a day away. thanks for any help.

caleb

While it isn't exactly the most efficient way to do it, if you know the route you'll be taking just do the search from your starting point on the GoogleMaps search function along the roads you'll be taking and record the points to whichever caches interest you along the way. Might take awhile, but it seems like it would work.

I have cache along a route several times. One thing you should keep in mind is that caching along a route will add greatly to your travel time. Recently I got some caches along a route that would have taken me two hours without geocacing-with geocaching it took me 6 hours. :o Once leaving L.A. I was caching along a route on the way home to Sacramento, it took 5 hours just to get out of L.A. ;)

If you have non cachers with you this may lead to an effect called "Chuckus GPScis outa widicus" :D

I have cache along a route several times. One thing you should keep in mind is that caching along a route will add greatly to your travel time. Recently I got some caches along a route that would have taken me two hours without geocacing-with geocaching it took me 6 hours. :( Once leaving L.A. I was caching along a route on the way home to Sacramento, it took 5 hours just to get out of L.A. :lol:

If you have non cachers with you this may lead to an effect called "Chuckus GPScis outa widicus" :P

Geez Johnny, thank you for that important information. I never would have imagined that making frequent stops on a highway journey would have added to the travel time of that journey. Strange how that works, isn't it? :P