Forming new organization

Robespierre

I finally have some interested cachers locally, even a little gung-ho (caching has a way of doing that to us, doesn't it?) I'm interested in things that you did that you had to correct when forming, and things that went very well. I'm also interested in Groundspeak policy problems.

Scenario: If we want to find an Outdoors Outfitter for a sponsor, and advertise for them and push their products in exchange for some financing? If we agree to teach class for them now and then on geocaching, etc. in exchange for financing? What is best in seeking sponsors? What will Groundspeak frown on?

Also: I'm thinking "steering committee" rather than officers. etc. Your thoughts.

Robespierre, NorthCentralOhio Geocachers

Step 1:Apply the KISS principle

Step 2: NO POLITICS

Step 3: Monthly meet-n-greets/CITOS

Step 4: Follow only step 3 and you will be ok

Well least this is how it is suppose to work in some areas :)

The brochure that Georgia did advocates a "steering committee." That's what I was thinking. I don't want "officers," but someone has to plan the events, choose the dates, etc. The opinions I am getting are mostly saying:

1. coffee nights and CITOs

2. pass the hat as needed, or possible t-shirts and coins (cost seems huge on coins).

3. steering committee

4........ possibly getting Rush as a monthly speaker? :)