Forum thread page not loading

Mudfrog

I did a guick look see but didn't find anything. I've noticed in the last two or three days that when i click to look at a specific thread, sometimes a blank page will come up. Going back, trying again and reloading the page doesn't help. I can go to another thread link and it will work fine. This also happens sometimes when i go to submit a reply on certain threads. I'm using IE7 with DSL and have never had any problems but this seems to be happening more and more lately. Anyone else notice this and if so, were you able to fix it? Or, is it possible that the site is just busy, maybe at that moment on those certain threads, with alot of traffic these days?

I did a guick look see but didn't find anything. I've noticed in the last two or three days that when i click to look at a specific thread, sometimes a blank page will come up. Going back, trying again and reloading the page doesn't help. I can go to another thread link and it will work fine. This also happens sometimes when i go to submit a reply on certain threads. I'm using IE7 with DSL and have never had any problems but this seems to be happening more and more lately. Anyone else notice this and if so, were you able to fix it? Or, is it possible that the site is just busy, maybe at that moment on those certain threads, with alot of traffic these days?

I'm getting the same thing happening. I just shut down my ISP & restarted to see if something was amiss there (not tech savvy, but trying whatever I could think of).

It just did it again when i hit submit for my post above. The page came up and said "done" at the bottom but it didn't finish loading. Just to be safe, i've gotten to where i save my text before i hit submit. It's a good thing i did this time. Arrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Yes, the forums have been sluggish and "hanging" a lot lately (the past week or so).

Also, I get timeouts when I try to use the search function. This happens at all different times of the day, ever since Tuesday.

EDIT to add, there has also been a marked increase over the past week with forum threads that have a topic subject line, but the original post doesn't go through, leaving the thread empty of content. Usually the poster then creates a separate topic. I've been deleting the empty duplicates as I see them so the problem isn't very noticeable.

Edited by Keystone

I'm getting the same thing happening. I just shut down my ISP & restarted to see if something was amiss there (not tech savvy, but trying whatever I could think of).

I just got this again:

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Inetpub\forums\GC\ips_kernel\class_db_mysql.php on line 457 PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Inetpub\forums\GC\sources\ipsclass.php on line 1111

I have also been getting the "Too many connections" error . . . :anitongue:

I just got this again:

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Inetpub\forums\GC\ips_kernel\class_db_mysql.php on line 457 PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Inetpub\forums\GC\sources\ipsclass.php on line 1111

I have also been getting the "Too many connections" error . . . :laughing:

I get that error message every night at 8PM HST and it lasts for 7 minutes. Except instead of line 1111 the line number in the 500's. I've been told that the forums do a backup at that time.

Other than that I haven't had any problems with the forums until today. It seems as if one out of every five links doesn't load the first time and needs a refresh to properly load the page. The error that I am seeing is a CGI Timeout:

The specified CGI application exceeded the allowed time for processing. The server has deleted the process.

I didn't notice any timeouts until after reading this thread. I blame this thread for the timeouts. :lol::anitongue:

I just got this again:

I have also been getting the "Too many connections" error . . . :anitongue:

getting both of these a lot, especially when I'm trying to make a post.

I'm ending up with duplicate posts a lot :laughing:

I frequently get this error after making a post:

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Inetpub\forums\GC\ips_kernel\class_db_mysql.php on line 457

I've learned that usually means the post went through, but if someone hits the back button to post again, it results in those pesky, unwanted, multiple posts. :laughing:

I frequently get this error after making a post:

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Inetpub\forums\GC\ips_kernel\class_db_mysql.php on line 457

I've learned that usually means the post went through, but if someone hits the back button to post again, it results in those pesky, unwanted, multiple posts. :laughing:

Since I use a tabbed brower, I just open another tab and see if my post went through or not. If it did not, I go backed to the tab with the timeout (or sometimes just hanging) click the back button and resubmit. I'm suprised the Opera fan didn't suggest this. :laughing: