legend joystick

debi13

Yes, I had the same problem with my Legend C. I called Garmin, and they said to send it in. Three days later, I had a new replacement. The trick is to call Customer Service. If you send an email, they email you back, saying to send it in with a check for $125.00. By the way, mine was about four months past the warranty period. Good luck, Debi!

I have had my original Legend for 4.5 years. It does not get used much, and is now a backup to a backup. I have your problem and I just turned it on and it would only work moving down, not up or either side. This is what I do to fix it and it works each time:

Move the stick up, down, and both sides, several times. Push it in a few times. Then rotate it clockwise a few times, then counter clockwise a few times. Test it on the Main Menu page. Repeat if necessary. This works for me every time. It will work correctly for a while, but after sitting I usually have to do this again. I assume it is the electrical contacts in the stick that need to be cleaned by movement.