Holiday caching in central lakes? - free internet access

Hi

Just been and done a Smiley cache in Grasmere, one of their interesting Wordsworth series, GCTR73. We had forgotten to take the clue with us and so failed to find the micro under the big trees. We had parked in Grasmere Garden Centre and on returning to have some lunch in the cafe discovered that they have free internet access for patrons. So we looked up the cache on their computer, got the clue, went back and found the cache. (The cafe is also a wifi zone if you have your own computer.)

So if you are holidaying in the Lakes and need a spot to log caches or TBs or just to check details, then Grasmere Garden Centre is very handy, especially as its free parking!! The coffee & food is pretty good as well. It's opposite the church in the centre of the village.

HTH :rolleyes:

Ps, no I don't have any shares in the garden centre! :rolleyes:

Many public library services offer free internet access in all of their libraries. However, having looked at Cumbria Libraries website, it looks like they are one of the authorities, who charge for internet access.

Indeed they do! Believe me, if they could CCC would charge an entry fee to the fells. With parking charges as they are, I guess they do anyway. Although to be fair some of the parking is NT or National Park.

This could go off topic with my additional message... but.... as the NT seem to own so much of the lake district, becoming a member of the NT and therefore getting free parking seems to be a wise investment. If only the NT provided free wi-fi too at their Langdale campsite, then we'd be laughing! :P

Lakeland (formally Lakeland Plastics) in Windermere have free internet access terminals for use, located upstairs, for info. MaxKim.

Maybe, but don't even think of parking there, spending your money with them then stroll out of the car park to have a look around, they have eagle-eyed cctv operators who alert the car park bloke to grab you. He was very nice and apologetic, strangely, even more so when I managed to prise Mrs gingerbreadmen's fingers from around his throat. They haven't had a penny off us since. :laughing:

Edited by gingerbreadmen

Lakeland (formally Lakeland Plastics) in Windermere have free internet access terminals for use, located upstairs, for info. MaxKim.

Maybe, but don't even think of parking there, spending your money with them then stroll out of the car park to have a look around, they have eagle-eyed cctv operators who alert the car park bloke to grab you. He was very nice and aplogetic, starngely, even more so when I managed to prise Mrs gingerbreadmen's fingers from around his throat. They haven't had a penny off us since. :laughing:

Maybe again - the gentleman on the gate suggested I was quite mad leaving Judy in there while I went off caching - and he was right.