GPS Confusion

StephenNJ

The ones with an "s" include an electronic compass and a barometric altimeter. Otherwise the only real difference is that the 76 floats and is a bit larger. They all basically have the same GPS guts.

Some people swear by the electronic compass - others swear at it. I personally just wear a watch that has an electronic compass so don't need the extra fuss of recalibrating my GPS all the time.

Welcome to the Forums! :anibad:

There is very little difference between these units other than the size and shape of the cases and the button placement. Some people like the buttons on the top, other people prefer them on the bottom. The 76Cx/CSx floats . . . but I would use a lanyard to keep from having to test that feature.

Now that the new HCx units are shipping, you might want to get even more confused by checking out the Legend HCx and Vista HCx. :laughing:

Welcome to the Forums! :anibad:

There is very little difference between these units other than the size and shape of the cases and the button placement. Some people like the buttons on the top, other people prefer them on the bottom. The 76Cx/CSx floats . . . but I would use a lanyard to keep from having to test that feature.

Now that the new HCx units are shipping, you might want to get even more confused by checking out the Legend HCx and Vista HCx. :laughing:

What new goodies do these units offer?

The H series are supposed to have a VERY high sensitivity receiver so work better in some situations.

Also a faster processor for more precison and faster updates.

Also consume slightly less power for longer battery life.

Also reported to have a better seal then the VentureCX