Okay, so not paperless, but....

roy&roz

I've started using MS Excel or MS Spreadsheet. I can get 20 give or take a few on each spreadsheet. I am limited to description length but I've been using this system now for a week and I like it. A lot less paper than the old print out everything on it. Typical spreadsheet has cache name, lat/long/size, descrip/hint/location/date last found.

Does anyone else have a system for recording cache searches?

I've started using MS Excel or MS Spreadsheet. I can get 20 give or take a few on each spreadsheet. I am limited to description length but I've been using this system now for a week and I like it. A lot less paper than the old print out everything on it. Typical spreadsheet has cache name, lat/long/size, descrip/hint/location/date last found.

I use Cache Log Book on my pda to keep track of all my cache hunts until I get around to logging them online.

Other than logging them on the web site? No, not really. The logs online seem to be a good record for me, and I can retrieve them all with the My Finds PQ.

I took the post to mean caches not yet found.

Looks like a good system. Wish I would have thought of it before I had access to the pq. My binder of cache pages was way too bulky.

I make the spreadsheet then find the cache's I want to hunt and cut & paste the info into the spreadsheet. I can do 20 in under an hour.

How much is your time worth? I can get a PQ of 500 caches, generated around whatever criteria I want, into my database and my GPSr in less than five minutes . . . :laughing:

Another couple of minutes and I have all that information in my inexpensive Palm M500. :o

I may look into attending the GSAK class being offered nearby.

Trust me, this "system" takes a little more time but saves me in printing cost...LOL. 20 searches on one page versus 4-5 pages for each cache.

On your PQ downloading...when you say you can get 500 in a matter of minutes....are they specific cache searches or a group of 500 published together. What I'm asking, are they 500 you chose or are they 500 geocaching.com chose?

I may look into attending the GSAK class being offered nearby.

Trust me, this "system" takes a little more time but saves me in printing cost...LOL. 20 searches on one page versus 4-5 pages for each cache.

On your PQ downloading...when you say you can get 500 in a matter of minutes....are they specific cache searches or a group of 500 published together. What I'm asking, are they 500 you chose or are they 500 geocaching.com chose?

500 that meet the criteria I select. Things such as diff or terrain rating, size, type, date placed, with some attribute - or along a route that I specify.

But Generally speaking, yes all in a specific geographic area or along the specified route - either way i specify.