Hiding Caches

Team-Mac

Recently in the southwest Ohio area, my family and I have been comming up short handed when seking some caches. :D We have been to some caches multiple times, reviewing what others have noted about the site location and how it may be hidden. However, there are some cachers who think they should hide the cache so good that the next person is screwed by wasting valuable time searching for something they cannot find. :D

This game is orginally designed for kids with the adults guiding them along with their adventure of operating a cool gadget. For some of us, we enjoy short hikes as well as longer treks. Our kids are a little older than others, they are able to hike a few miles per day to travel to many caches. There are many families out here with small children who wear out faster :anibad: and become disinfranchised and discouraged when they cannot find the treasures. :P

All that I ask for others is to think of those folks! We are aware of muggles and encourage to hide caches cleverly with good clues. However, don't make it impossible for others to find. :) This really wrecks a good day!

Recently in the southwest Ohio area, my family and I have been comming up short handed when seking some caches. :D We have been to some caches multiple times, reviewing what others have noted about the site location and how it may be hidden. However, there are some cachers who think they should hide the cache so good that the next person is screwed by wasting valuable time searching for something they cannot find. :D

This game is orginally designed for kids with the adults guiding them along with their adventure of operating a cool gadget. For some of us, we enjoy short hikes as well as longer treks. Our kids are a little older than others, they are able to hike a few miles per day to travel to many caches. There are many families out here with small children who wear out faster :anibad: and become disinfranchised and discouraged when they cannot find the treasures. :P

All that I ask for others is to think of those folks! We are aware of muggles and encourage to hide caches cleverly with good clues. However, don't make it impossible for others to find. :) This really wrecks a good day!

Difficult hides are part of the game and enjoyed by many. If the fun stops for you then just go to the next one and ignore the one that upsets you.

It does take time, but after you get some finds under your belt, it does get easier.

Edited by knight2000

Thanks for the input and to those that add encouragment. We enjoy the beauty of the outdoors and the clever places people find to hide the caches.

I read the history of geocaching and was incorrect-what I will say is... kids are a big part of this activity. I agree the excitement of the hunt is the challenge! I don't give up too easy either! We have noticed some people choose to move the caches from what the owners have clued in to look for-how about putting it back-play by the rules.

As part of going to places, the philosophy of "leave no trace" is one I have adopted since my stint as a scout. I instill that concept to my kids and their friends. I try not to alter the landscape of the location of a cache and if I do, put it back the best I can.

To Knight2000, thanks for adding the def. of private property-I wish more people would play by the rules of the game!

Edited by Team-Mac