2007 Travel Bug Activation

arbuse

I just received my 2007 Jeep Travel Bug. I'm thrilled! :laughing: I went to activate it, entered the tracking number but couldn't enter an activation code that it would accept. :laughing: I wrote down all the numbers that were on the outside of the packaging it came in and tried entering every one of them without success. The activation page says that the code is on the packaging the bug came in. Could someone please tell me what this number is supposed to look like and where it is located on the packaging? Thanks so much for your help!

I just received my 2007 Jeep Travel Bug. I'm thrilled! :laughing: I went to activate it, entered the tracking number but couldn't enter an activation code that it would accept. :laughing: I wrote down all the numbers that were on the outside of the packaging it came in and tried entering every one of them without success. The activation page says that the code is on the packaging the bug came in. Could someone please tell me what this number is supposed to look like and where it is located on the packaging? Thanks so much for your help!

The jeeps are already activated (and owned by Jeep). Go to the TB tracking (not activation) page and enter the tracking number. Then "grab" it into your inventory.

how do you get 1 of these travelbugs?

There was a sign up a few weeks ago. Jeep has 8000 bugs. I think it was pretty much first come first serve. They're all sent out or at least on their way to geocachers. The only way to get a 2007 jeep travel bug now it to pick one up in a cache.

When you signed up for the Jeep TB, there were clear instructions on what to do once the Jeep arrives. I think the problem is that may people felt "rushed" to submit their form to get one of these bugs. Also, the fact that the sign up was a few weeks ago, it is very easy to forget that little instruction screen.

We are newbies-- got the 2007 Jeep Travel bug - there was no info in the envelope... the first time I tried to activate it (prior to July1) I was not able..... today I thought that I was activating by entering the Jeep contest (which required the tracking code) We then placed it in a cache and recorded it on that page and made a note on the "New River" Jeep page, but the area noting 'last seen' did not update (to Gillis Falls 2 where I left it) Now I have a sick feeling that I may be out of the loop and maybe didn't activate it/track it at all....... and I didn't record the tracking code (can only remember some of it) since I now had the reference #. ??? Did we mess up? :lol:

We are newbies-- got the 2007 Jeep Travel bug - there was no info in the envelope... the first time I tried to activate it (prior to July1) I was not able..... today I thought that I was activating by entering the Jeep contest (which required the tracking code) We then placed it in a cache and recorded it on that page and made a note on the "New River" Jeep page, but the area noting 'last seen' did not update (to Gillis Falls 2 where I left it) Now I have a sick feeling that I may be out of the loop and maybe didn't activate it/track it at all....... and I didn't record the tracking code (can only remember some of it) since I now had the reference #. ??? Did we mess up? :lol:

Its not really that you messed up. You didnt need to activate it. You just treat it like any other TB you come across. You could have recorded it when you placed in a cache but someone else will pick it up and log it.