Context sensitive KML

Arghh2006

This is aa fancy way of saying I want the ability to turn off layers of caches when using Google Earth. The most obvious one would be "turn off found caches", another one could be "only show newest caches.

I understand the technical challenge of this request since GE has no login capability to be content sensitive, but may be there is another way to do it.

Thanks

One way to do it would be to do a PQ or series of PQs for the area you are interested in - be sure to leave out finds.

Then simply open the .gpx file in Google Earth. Good detail and the annoying cache jumping will not occur either.

Thank you. I didn't know you could do that. I would still prefer the way I described it because it is dynamic and doesn't rely on PQ but this is pretty good too.

However, I must be doing something wrong. After importing the GPX (approximatly 700 waypoints), I only see Icons for four of them. The other ones are there but not showing on the map. Any idea why? May be there is a layer I forgot to turn on. All GC numbers are selected.

Thanks

Donald

One way to do it would be to do a PQ or series of PQs for the area you are interested in - be sure to leave out finds.

Then simply open the .gpx file in Google Earth. Good detail and the annoying cache jumping will not occur either.

Thank you. I didn't know you could do that. I would still prefer the way I described it because it is dynamic and doesn't rely on PQ but this is pretty good too.

However, I must be doing something wrong. After importing the GPX (approximatly 700 waypoints), I only see Icons for four of them. The other ones are there but not showing on the map. Any idea why? May be there is a layer I forgot to turn on. All GC numbers are selected.

Thanks

Donald

For lack of a better term --- there is a "time slider" in the upper right of the GE screen. Open it up to show all the dates covered in the pocket Query. By default it will only show the first narrow date range - slide it all the open to see caches placed in the entire time range.