Got Cache?

kmc123

Hey everyone,

I'm in Charlotte and Blowing Rock, NC - I am in the process of making some really awesome caches to give back a bit to this AWESOME hobby. I plan on putting half in Charlotte, and half in Blowing Rock and I'm almost done with them.

DSC_3908.JPG

There are some more pictures of the progress here, along with some other caches I'm making too:

http://kevincook.net/Hobbies/Geocaching/index.html

I'm still fairly new to this, so I have a few questions:

1. When hiding your caches, do you (personally) go for it, and fill them with everything you have, or a subset of that, and save some for replenishing later?

2. Since there is a lot of high value stuff in these caches, I was thinking of making them members only caches, that were multi-part, so you really had to work a bit to find them. Thoughts?

3. Anyone know any locations in Blowing Rock or Charlotte that are just dying for a good cache? I've got a few good places in mind, but I'm sure you all have some good places too! Let me know. :ph34r:

Those are very nice caches and some really nice swag!

Wish we lived closer to hunt these or that caches around here had such nice things....(we really need one of those retractable network cable thingies) :P

You can make them PMO caches but that does not mean that the swag will stay nicer for longer than making them available to everyone.

When we put out caches with a theme I usually put a good amount of the mice stuff in them to start off and keep some back to replenish it later. When I do not have a theme I usually just put out all the nice stuff I have planned for that cache right off.

dadgum, kmc123!

I'm impressed! You're giving back, and in a big way with some very nice caches and SWAG. I think you're going to have some popular caches. You can move to Southeast Missouri anytime! :laughing:

Don't get disappointed as your caches naturally devolve:

Optical Mouse? I'll trade you a nice bottle cap I picked up along the trail. :laughing:

USB Memory Stick?! Cooool! Here's an acorn I picked up. :laughing:

Cache On!

JohnTee

When we put out caches with a theme I usually put a good amount of the mice stuff in them to start off and keep some back to replenish it later.

Wow, those caches look awesome kmc123.

Remind me to wear rubber gloves to any Parents of SAM cache. Mice stuff in caches, that would be nasty. :D:D:D

Woah! What a thing of beauty.

Hey- a little advice when hiding in Blowing Rock - MOST of the really great places are National Park Service land so off limits. That means Moses Cone is out, Price Park is out, anything along the Blue Ridge Parkway is out.

Sad. So sad.

I'd like to see some in Grandfather Mtn. They would have to be placed with permission though. Their latest brochure makes a point of listing 'Geocaching' as a potentially harmful activity to the fragile eco system, but last I talked to the man in charge (a year ago) they were receptive to sanctioning a cache, so just make sure to get permission.

You hide it--We'll hunt it!

Very nice!

Y'know, normally when I find a golf ball (or two) in a cache, I just throw them away.

Maybe I should save a few and head for Charlotte! :rolleyes::lol:B)

I think I have found a Parents Of Sam cache, and I have met them as well, and never saw any mice stuff!

Waaaaiiiiit, there was a Micky Mouse something in, um,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Oh well. Old timers setting in.

Make them MOC's and tricky multi's, and since you will get fewer finds (like most of mine B) ) the stuff will last longer.

When we put out caches with a theme I usually put a good amount of the mice stuff in them to start off and keep some back to replenish it later.

Wow, those caches look awesome kmc123.

Remind me to wear rubber gloves to any Parents of SAM cache. Mice stuff in caches, that would be nasty. :):):blink:

doh....lol

B):):D:D:D:D:rolleyes: