Two suggestions

Photom

1. We have sponsored several events and have tried several methods to keep Geocoins and Travel Bugs in check. No matter what we tried, coins and/or travel bugs seem to get stranded. Owners often ask if we know who grabbed a certain missing TB/Coin.

Suggest an event cache have a check box that the owner can use - "No bugs or coins." When this event is published, folks would not be able to drop them into the event. It is now common to see travel bugs with instructions not to place this item into an event.

2. Suppose an owner wanted to send an important note to everyone who is planning to attend an event, or to everyone who has found a particular cache. Now, you would have to either create a list or send individual emails.

Suggest a feature that would allow an owner to send a "bulk" email to everyone who is in the logs for a cache.

Hadn't noticed the thread before.

1. I understand the issue/concern/worry but it assumes there is no better method. I couldn't even log my own personal bug through it? I should be able to handle that much.

2. Been brought up before so I'll let others speak to the idea.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Don't like the idea. It's a PITA but someone could be assigned to make a list of who takes what....... Just make sure that whoever takes a bug has to check it out with a person at the event. Make a sign to that effect. Might work. Might not work.

I am in no way in favor of preventing TBs being dropped at events. However, there is really no way of preventing those who want to "lose" bugs in events from doing so. A cacher can "drop" the TB without ever handing it off. So someone who wants to add to a collection (a rare occurance, I'm sure) could claim it went missing when they left it at the event.

I don't like the "no bug" idea. Lots of folks use a personal tb/coin for their own geocaching mileage. If I went all the way to GW5 or MWGB, I'd certainly want to credit myself for the miles. And if someone wants to "lose" a tb/coin, they will.

I do like the email everyone idea. Say you are hosting an event and there is a last minute change. I really wouldn't want to have to go through individually contacting 50 people through GC.com.