Geocoin print runs

Bootscootin70

How do you find out how many of a geocoin is produced?

also can the maker keep making them after you have placed and received your order?

Thanx

Paul

sorry about the double post, it came up an error when I posted this

If I can delete this , I will

Thanx

Paul

Edited by Bootscootin70

Not sure what you mean by "maker". Do you mean the mint making more coins than you contracted using your dies? I've heard a rumour on Ebay about one such coin but it could've been a knock-off by anyone copying coins already made or it could've just been a rumour. :smile:

Not sure what you mean by "maker". Do you mean the mint making more coins than you contracted using your dies? I've heard a rumour on Ebay about one such coin but it could've been a knock-off by anyone copying coins already made or it could've just been a rumour. :smile:

What I mean by Maker is the company that you have make the coins for you...

I plan on getting a few coins done and would like to make them limited of 100 coins to make them rare.

If I want all 100, how do I know that the company making them for me does not make more...

also on the ones already out there, where is the print run shown?

Thanx

Paul

Not sure what you mean by "maker". Do you mean the mint making more coins than you contracted using your dies? I've heard a rumour on Ebay about one such coin but it could've been a knock-off by anyone copying coins already made or it could've just been a rumour. :D

What I mean by Maker is the company that you have make the coins for you...

I plan on getting a few coins done and would like to make them limited of 100 coins to make them rare.

If I want all 100, how do I know that the company making them for me does not make more...

also on the ones already out there, where is the print run shown?

Thanx

Paul

I feel safe in saying the coin brokers you find listed on these forums are happy to meet any restrictions you place on the production of your coins. Since I'm pretty new at all this coin stuff myself, I will let the more experienced players expand on that. By "brokers," I mean people who take your coin order, help you with design and metal choices, place the order with a mint they trust, handle the import red tape, and market your coin for you if you wish.

I am selling the first lot of coins I've ever ordered, and I was very happy to have a friend and broker that I could count on to help me create a good product. I might have done well to let him market them for me, as well! :unsure:

I'll let others chip in from here.

Happy Trails,

There have been a few projects started to track this type of information. For the most part it is stated when the coin is released on it's announcement thread.

There are some manufacturers that simply refuse to release this information. In those cases, a production run will only be known by them. I personally feel that hiding this information only devalues the coin in the long run.

I am hopeful that there will be a successful project that will find a way to list and track these statistics. That being said, it's definitely not going to be a one man show. It's going to take the efforts of quite a few geocoin enthusiasts to keep this kind of project going.