Noobie seeking iFinder Hunt C help

filen

I hate being a noobie, but I'm determined to learn how to Geocache. :( I've got 3 kids and I think this can be a fun hobbie for us all. I have a Lowrance iFinder HUNTc. I've got the compass working, but I'd sure like a step-by-step walk through on how to use this thing. If anyone would mind taking a few moments to help me out?

I have the coordinates to my first Geocache ready.

Thank you kindly! <_<

Filen

I hate being a noobie, but I'm determined to learn how to Geocache. :( I've got 3 kids and I think this can be a fun hobbie for us all. I have a Lowrance iFinder HUNTc. I've got the compass working, but I'd sure like a step-by-step walk through on how to use this thing. If anyone would mind taking a few moments to help me out?

I have the coordinates to my first Geocache ready.

Thank you kindly! <_<

Filen

Hi and Welcome,

At the top of the GPS units and software is a FAQ. One of the topics is on the Lowrance units, I have an ifinder H2O C and love it.

Click here

It has step by step instructions. Very good and easy to follow.

You load your information on a CD Card and put it in the GPS then load the information into memory.

Good hunting.

Edited by sodajerk

Be sure to check out the link that sodajerk included. It is a must-read for Lowrance owners in my opinion. Specifically, look at the geocaching guide for tutorials on uploading waypoints for non-premium and premium members. There is also a program in the downloads section that will quickly and easily transfer pocket queries to the iFinder that I'd recommend for someone new, but you have to be a premium member. I, personally, use GSAK to upload because I like to customize more, but that program is great because it requires almost no effort or know-how.

If you are looking to enter only one waypoint, then there is also a forum thread related to that here:

http://z14.invisionfree.com/Geo_Lowrance_F...p?showtopic=124

Entering coordinates for an individual waypoint is one of the least intuitive features of these units, I think.

To manually enter coordinates, press "ENTER" for the "Create Waypoint" window. Scroll down the "Create From" options to "ENTERED POS" and press "ENTER" to mark it. Then click "CREATE" at the top of the page and it will take you to the coordinate entry window. From there just enter the coordinates into the spaces.