Adding a photo to your forum post

klipsch49er

In a separate thread the helpful member of this forum taught me how to add a photo to my cache listing using HTML. Cool! I natuarally thought I would be able to add a picture to a forum post the same way, but nooooooooo, it didn't work.

On the topic about cache rides getting stuck, I just happened to have experienced it last weekend so I thought I would add my art to the post. To my visit log for the appropriate cache I had uploaded a photo so I went to that photo, opened a link and copied the link to my post. I also added the paragraph tags before and after. To my surprise it didn't work!

I noticed that many other had tried to insert phots into the forum reply with simular and various other failures.

Can someone help me figure this out? :rolleyes:

You use BBcode (not HTML) in the forums:

[img=http://www.yourimageURLhere]

Where do you find these secrets? It reminds me of the old days when you tried to do someting on an Apple when all you had ever worked on was PCs. :)

8effedcc-7784-4c1e-8191-5d910a65ac34.jpg

Click the link for BBCode Help...or just CLICK HERE

When you're posting to the forums (not reading, but posting), there is a toolbar across the top. The tools on the left include Bold, Italics, Underline, Strikethrough, Text Color,

as well as...

Insert Link (if you want to add a link but have the text you click on be something other than the URL),

Insert Email (lets you insert an email address so it's clickable),

Insert Image (which will allow you to paste the image location and have the image show correctly),

Wrap in Quote (which will let you put text in a box as though you've quoted what someone said),

and Code (if you want to show some code without it actually being executed).

Some of those buttons, such as "Wrap in a Quote", work differently depending on if you've got a section of text highlighted when you press it or not.