code 3 geocoin...get ready...get set...go!

Odyssey Voyager

There are over 75 "Code 3" Geocoins now out in the world. I would like to have a friendly contest at this point. I will personally watch the progress of all "Code 3" Geocoins on geocaching.com that have been placed in caches or "set free", as we like to say. To the first "Code 3" to reach 5,000 miles traveled, placed in at least 5 caches, and grabbed by 5 different geocachers in the process, i will send TWO Limited Edition "Code 3" Geocoins that are being minted now for the September 11th memorial. If you would like to get in on this contest and you have not yet purchased your own "Code 3" Geocoin, there are only a few left, so contact myself or "shades of gray" at geocaching.com or check out the auction on ebay. Thanks and good luck...ready?...set!...GO!!!

okay the race has begun and its not too late to get started! the leading coin has only a 293 mile advantage at this point. that lead can easily be caught by just one cross country trip! i'll give updates from time to time. in the lead now is fo2gra4's Code 3 Geocoin with 293 miles, in second is Sweetlife's Code 3 Geocoin with 153 miles. stay tuned for racing updates!

the Limited Edition Code 3 geocoins have arrived from the minter and they are SPECTACULAR! as one of the designers, i'm extremely biased...lol... but my thanks go out once again to Rusty, of Personal Geocoins (personalgeocoins.com) for his suggestions and professionalism in helping to make the Limited Edition Code 3 geocoin a beautiful tribute.

if you are interested, a few of the Limited Edition Code 3 geocoins will be up for auction at ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

i still have several of the original Code 3 Geocoins in antique silver and antique gold at a fixed priced on ebay, too. thanks for checking out these geocoins, and for browsing the auctions. odyssey voyager.

I am sorry for the long delay in adding to this thread. The question was recently raised as to the outcome of the awareness coin contest. The eventual "Code 3" awareness contest winner was geocacher: "fire521" and he was sent his Limited Edition Code 3 Geocoin in October of 2007. Congratulations to "fire521" and thank you for sharing your "Code 3" Geocoin with the rest of the world to see and discover. Your actions have truly helped raise awareness..."lest we forget."

I am sorry for the long delay in adding to this thread. The question was recently raised as to the outcome of the awareness coin contest. The eventual "Code 3" awareness contest winner was geocacher: "fire521" and he was sent his Limited Edition Code 3 Geocoin in October of 2007. Congratulations to "fire521" and thank you for sharing your "Code 3" Geocoin with the rest of the world to see and discover. Your actions have truly helped raise awareness..."lest we forget."

OK I am confused. You had a contest involoving a coin being moved and such, but your "winner" has never moved a coin and doesn't own a coin. For that matter they haven't moved nor do they own a travel bug. So how did they win? Your contest, your rules, but I don't get it.

Search Travel Bugs

Search Trackable Items

By Username (owned): fire521 [new search]

Total Records: 1 - Page: 1 of 1 Prev. << <[1]> >> Next

Sort by Name Last Log Distance

Name Last Log Owner Location Traveled

Code 3 Geocoin 12/22/2007 fire521 mscottml 6353 mi

I found this when I searched. Looks like the coin moved well.

Search Travel Bugs

Search Trackable Items

By Username (owned): fire521 [new search]

Total Records: 1 - Page: 1 of 1 Prev. << <[1]> >> Next

Sort by Name Last Log Distance

Name Last Log Owner Location Traveled

Code 3 Geocoin 12/22/2007 fire521 mscottml 6353 mi

I found this when I searched. Looks like the coin moved well.

When I pulled this up this morning I got a blank page. Not one TB or coin shown found or owned. That is why I was so confused, and thus asked about it. It shows fine now though.

TB1V9WY - I really think this coin deserves recognition even though the owner of the coin isn't seeking such recognition. It brings you to a site near and dear to those of 9/11... To the Hereos!!!

NEVER FORGOTTEN!!!

STEEL CITY BABES

I think in this cointest it is important/valid. It recognizes the importance of location which is permanent which restricts mileage.

Please note bvnlj is relation (which may be biased) but I think coin deserves CONSIDERABLE recognition.

Steel City Babes

yes, i agree with steel city babes, the limited edition "code 3" geocoin that was permanently placed near the location of the crash site of flight 93 by geocacher "bvnlj" was a very touching gesture on their part. as one of the designers of this geocoin, i was very moved, and humbled, when i found out about what they had done. so, in the sprit of the "code 3" geocoin, and in grateful recognition, i sent these geocachers a silver and a gold "code 3" to complete their set. i truly thank them for helping raise awareness, and i hope more geocachers will visit this location in the future, discover the geocoin placed there, and while there please say a small prayer for all those we lost on september 11th 2001, not only at ground zero in new york, but at the pentagon building in washington, and at the crash site of flight 93 in somerset, pennsylvania.