Premium membership - wish to cancel

oilinki

The premium membership is total waste of money for me.

At the time I opted for continuous subscription.

Currently I just wish to cancel the membership. I could not find where I could cancel my subscription.

Please help.

Friend of mine helped me out.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/Support/ind...992726219024774

If you would like to cancel this subscription, you will need to log in to your PayPal account. A subscription can be canceled up until the day of the next scheduled payment.

To cancel an Active Subscription:

1. Log in to your PayPal account

2. Click on the History subtab

3. Choose the Subscriptions field from the Show drop-down menu

4. Check the From box and change the date back 2 years (or approximately the date you created your subscription)

5. Click Search

6. To view the details of a specific Subscription Creation, click Details in the Details column

7. At the bottom of this page, click Cancel Subscription

8. On the confirmation page, click Cancel Subscription again

Once you have canceled through Paypal your subscription you will continue to have access to your premium features until your Premium Membership reaches the expiration date. Thanks for the past support!

Now the question for Groundspeak!

Where there is no link to unsubscribe mothly subscription on 'My Account'. Why this is made so difficult?

From now on, if anyone asks if it's good idea to become premium member, my advice will be - No way!

Where there is no link to unsubscribe mothly subscription on 'My Account'. Why this is made so difficult?

From now on, if anyone asks if it's good idea to become premium member, my advice will be - No way!

Is that because of the difficulty you've had in cancelling the membership? Or is there another reason for it?

Just out of curiosity, why are you cancelling your membership?

It appears they dont cache much. I can understand not using it if you only get a few finds a month.

That's true... and the cache density in the areas they cache in is pretty light.

Still wondering why he wouldn't recommend the membership to anyone else though. That makes it seems as though there was a bad experience. So was the bad experience the problems with figuring out how to cancel? Or was there something else?

Now the question for Groundspeak!

It isn't made difficult, I was a memeber to an online RolePlaying game and the subscription cancellation was the same. I believe it's just a PayPal default way of doing things. I am also curious as to your feelings for a Premium Membership.

Just in case anyone is interested, I am cancelling my premium membership due to the current lack of Mobipocket support. I have posted a message on the Mobipocket forum to voice my disappointment. If support for downloadable cache information in a format suitable for Windows Mobile is restored, I will definitely re-subscribe.