GPS Whoo's

fuster75

OK, my frustration is mounting. My GPS, Garmin Vista Cx, is eithe dead on or way off. I found a cache this morning and the coordinates were on the dot. I went to search for another one in th evening and the GPS was jumping all over the place. I have placed a cache and the GPS has been off all 3 times I have taken the coordinates.

Has anyone had any of these problems and if so are there any fixes.

Thanks for the help.

My Vista Cx is the same, either Dead-on or Way-off the key i have found is patience. look at the accuracy display to give you an idea how close you are. also i have had good luck with watching the"satellite" page or menu that list actual coordinates rather than the compass or goto pages that show your proximity to the objective. also try taking a few steps and standing still for a few seconds to let it "settle" down. something to keep in mind is the "20 foot rule" dont expect the GPSr to put you dead on a cache. let it get you within a 20 foot area then you have to search a little. best of luck and happy caching!!!! Also make sure you have the latest software version from www.garmin.com

Edited by ETfonedhome
Also make sure you have the latest software version from www.garmin.com

Actually from what I read over in the GPS Units and Software Forum, people are having accuracy problems with the latest release (2.7) and they go away when they go back to V 2.6.

Check your version and if you have 2.7, try going to 2.6 and see what happens.