Send to GPS feature

IMcachingHomer

Cachemate is the program you put on your PDA, either a Palm or PPC.

For most people, pocket queries are much better when coupled with a program like GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife), which can Export for your mapping software, Google Earth, and for Cacahemate, as well as send 100's of waypoints to your GPSr in just a few seconds.

Becoming a Premium Member, so you can create Pocket Queries only costs $3.00 per month, so it is well worth doing that. :D

Thanks, Im not a computer guy so the pocket queries thing is probably out of the question.

I had never worked with a database program before and since I had never had a GPSr before, all of this stuff was new to me. B) But, I finally figured it out. B)

It was better to do that than to go off in the wrong direction looking for a location I had put into the GPSr by hand incorrectly . . . :D

Check out this little rudimentary GSAK tutorial. It might help you get started. :o Just take it one small step at a time.

Edited by Miragee

Maybe i'll have to take your advice and give it a go. I like my Explorist 100 so I wanted to get a 210. But if I for some reason couldnt get the pocket queries figured out I wouldnt be able to download one at a time since its not a Garmin.

This is how I check one of the sections in the PQ form:

2e19e8d7-5e21-4326-8cef-6327c29f2302.jpg

I check all the boxes for the Types of Caches, except for the Unknown caches. Those are the Puzzles and the coordinates are not where the cache is located.

I get a separate PQ for the "Unknown" type that I named "Puzzles" and that data goes into a different database in GSAK called, "Puzzles." :D

Make sure you use the Preview button first after you have configured your PQs. If the results are correct for the area you have designated, then check the day for it to run.

I do not schedule any of the many PQs in my list. They run more quickly if several days have elapsed since the last time they ran.

On the new feature to download a single cache location to your Garmin GPSr. It works, but the only thing that I see as a minor issue is that the icon used is a blue flag instead of the closed treasure chest. The closed treasure chest is, in most of the newer GPS receivers flags it as a geocache, otherwise you have to look for it under waypoints. Other than that I think it is a good feature for those trying to get a FTF and don't want to go through the hassle of firing up other programs to download to their GPSr.

I also like the new look of the cache pages. :D