Multi-caches

sunriseoverwater

I'd like to try a couple of multi-caches sometime in the not too distant future, but I'm not sure exactly what hunting a multi would involve. Are there rules regarding the distance between stages? eg: If the first stage of a multi is in a particular park, can I expect all the other stages to be there as well? Multis sound like a lot of fun, but I'd like to know if I'll be hiking one mile or ten before I set out!

I'd like to try a couple of multi-caches sometime in the not too distant future, but I'm not sure exactly what hunting a multi would involve. Are there rules regarding the distance between stages? eg: If the first stage of a multi is in a particular park, can I expect all the other stages to be there as well? Multis sound like a lot of fun, but I'd like to know if I'll be hiking one mile or ten before I set out!
The terrain rating will give you that info. <_<

The distance can vary, I have on that we set up this past weekend that is in northren Minnesota that will require aprox 15miles of hiking to find all stages then a drive to the final of aprox 60 miles. It started out going to be only two stages but soon turned into 9. After ploting all my waypoints on a map I thought to myself what was I thinking??? So my new multi will be named "WHAT WAS I THINKING" and I'm sure any cacher who searches for it will be thinking the same.

I have anothe multi in town where all 3 stages are within 1/4 mile of each other.

Read the cache descriptions have fun and good luck.

Edited by MN-CACHE-TRACKER

I have one multi where the total walking distance is about 1/2 a mile (short hike but rough terrain). I have another with 9 stages over a 175 mile (one way) drive.

Carefully read the cache page descriptions and you should get a good idea. I think *most* multis are less than 1 to 2 miles total distance.