Ebay seller recommendations

Jim McDonald

I just look at the person's Feedback Number. If they have 100% Positive, and many of those are from Buyers, not just Sellers, I figure I can trust them. If they sell a lot, and that number isn't 100%, that's okay. You can't please everyone.

I always ask a question before the auction ends to see if the person responds in a timely manner. The question can be something simple that isn't included in the description like whether there are any scratches on the PDA or whether a screen protector has always been used, etc.

I have a Palm M500 and recommend that unit. You should be able to get one for $30.00, including the shipping.

I've used a few old Palm Vx units from eBay. They aren't color but they do everything I need. I have a hard case for them but, if you put it in your back pocket and then sit on a jagged rock to sign the log, they will still break. D'Oh! I like getting cheap, old units for that very reason. I've broken two so far......... The units work fine though, it's just my clumsiness and lack of paying attention that causes the problems. Some folks have new, fancy units but I'd just break the darn thing so I stick with the cheap one. I keep replacing it with another Palm Vx since I have the chargers and sync stations already so I end up with one for work, one for home, one for wherever........... :(

A friend fell on Sunday. He picked himself back up and started down the trail,not noticing that the pocket on his hiking shorts had been ripped . . .

A bit later on the trail, I saw his Palm E2 sitting there, case open, but fortunately still intact. Without that hard metal case around that unit, it would have been a goner.

Getting inexpensive Palms, as long as they are in good shape and working fine, is the best way to go. :(

I just purchased a Garmin eTrex Legend C for $130 from EdgeGPS or something like that on eBay, they were really quick about getting back to me through email as I recently changed to my married name and address on my eBay account. Their prices are good on the website if you don't want to go the eBay route and they ship immediately. I've been pleased with their service thusfar.

Happy shopping!

Steph