GSAK question

These are the steps that I take.

I open a folder onto my desktop.

From the search page I download the gpx file to the folder on the desktop.

From GSAK I click on FIle and then load gpx/loc

On the next screen you will click on the little folder on the right, and then choose the GSAK file you wish to place in your GSAK the click OK.

I hope that helps.

You aren't getting .gpx files from the Search page. You need to create Pocket Queries.

You can specify the criteria you are interested in, but for starters, just get caches you Haven't Found that Are Active.

Once you fill out the form, use the Preview to make sure you are getting the results you expect. Then, check Wednesday, and submit your request. You should have the file of 500 caches in your InBox in a few minutes.

If not, make sure your ISP isn't blocking .zip files or putting messages like this is a SPAM or Quarantine folder.

From the search page I download the gpx file to the folder on the desktop.

Perhaps you are talking about a different web page. Because of the "Seek Geocache" page that is not possible. From this page, after you select the ones you want and click "Download Waypoints" button, all you can get is a loc file.

If you are a premium member then you can get gpx files but only from the individual cache pages or Pocket Queries. Also, if the problem mentioned in the original post is connected to loading of pocket query results, then this is due to the fact that at the bottom of the PQ setup page one needs to select gpx files as the desired option.