Screen protection for my GPSr

Having recently bought my first GPSr and laid down more than a few bucks I want to protect the screen from scratches. I'm looking for a screen protector that's basically invisible and will not alter the fidelity of my Garmin 60Cx's screen. Durablity of the screen protector isn't as important to me as its clarity (a screen protector is supposed to get scratched so the actual screen doesn't).

I blind bought a screen protector from SheildZone but was very disapointed with it. It had an orange peel texture to it that really throws off the fidelity of the screen. I had found the perfect screen protector for my PSP years ago, it is totally invisible, but I can't recall the manufacture now.

I'm not necessarily looking for a screen protector that is cut exactly for the Garmin 60Cx. Its easy enough to cut an existing one to make it fit properly.

Do you use a screen protector? If so what is your expierence with it?

Having recently bought my first GPSr and laid down more than a few bucks I want to protect the screen from scratches. I'm looking for a screen protector that's basically invisible and will not alter the fidelity of my Garmin 60Cx's screen. Durablity of the screen protector isn't as important to me as its clarity (a screen protector is supposed to get scratched so the actual screen doesn't).

I blind bought a screen protector from SheildZone but was very disapointed with it. It had an orange peel texture to it that really throws off the fidelity of the screen. I had found the perfect screen protector for my PSP years ago, it is totally invisible, but I can't recall the manufacture now.

I'm not necessarily looking for a screen protector that is cut exactly for the Garmin 60Cx. Its easy enough to cut an existing one to make it fit properly.

Do you use a screen protector? If so what is your expierence with it?

I use the Shieldzone for my 60CSx and have been very pleased with it. However, you are right...there is a bit of a texture to it. If you want a completely clear, completely smooth go with the ones from ScreenPatronus (link below). I use one of theirs on my Canon A700 and it is completely clear. When you order yours for your GPSr, be sure to ask for the "clear" one; they typically ship the non-glare ones for the GPSrs. The non-glare also have a texture to them that is noticeable. So, ask for the clear and you will be good to go. The ScreenPatronus ones are also very easy to install and remove. They work great!

http://stores.ebay.com/ScreenPatronus

Palm makes some "Premium Screen Protectors" that are nice and clear and cost about $20 for a dozen or so. I cut one to fit my 60Cx and there are hardly any bubbles (if at all) and it is VERY clear, making the screen still bright and crisp. You can cut each sheet to size.

I may eventually spring for one of the Shieldzone protectors, but for $20 I was able to use the Palm protectors to cover up not only my GPS, but other electronics such as my digital camera.

Might have to investigate those protectors for Playstations, too.