Feature requests for PQ

laxxe

Hi!

I have a few feature requests for PQ.

1) Have the "My Finds" PQ be sent to an alternative mail address (like the normal PQ can).

2) Mark if a trackable is a TB or a GC, maybe even send the icon (to be used in GSAK).

3) Alert you, if a PQ will return more than 500 caches - and then DON'T run the PQ.

4) Make it possible to choose "Placed during: 48 (and/or 24) hours" (I'm running a PQ with new caches every day).

5) Be able to use PQ with archived caches (so GSAK can be updated correctly, without having to do "tricks"). Maybe it should be an option to choose how many days back, it should go. Like "include caches, that have been archived the last X days".

Edit: Request 5 added later...

Edited by laxxe

Hi!

I have a few feature requests for PQ.

1) Have the "My Finds" PQ be sent to an alternative mail address (like the normal PQ can).

2) Mark if a trackable is a TB or a GC, maybe even send the icon (to be used in GSAK).

3) Alert you, if a PQ will return more than 500 caches - and then DON'T run the PQ.

4) Make it possible to choose "Placed during: 48 (and/or 24) hours" (I'm running a PQ with new caches every day).

I totally agree with #1 above. I have everything sent to my gmail account, but for some reason the My Finds seems to get mauled by gmail so I have to change my default account to Yahoo, request the PQ and after it arrives, switch it back. Everything else seems to be okay with gmail. What a pain.

I would like to see the "Logged within the last...." option expanded, instead of sticking to the rigid 7 days.

Ideally I'd like to be able to run a PQ in the evening that just returns caches that have been logged in the last 24 hours.

Isn't there an option in the normal PQ config screen to send caches "That I Have Found"? I'm pretty sure there is, in which case you can just use that instead of the spiffy "My Finds" thing to get your finds sent to another email address.

Isn't there an option in the normal PQ config screen to send caches "That I Have Found"? I'm pretty sure there is, in which case you can just use that instead of the spiffy "My Finds" thing to get your finds sent to another email address.

True but the difference is that archived caches will not be included.

True but the difference is that archived caches will not be included.

And if a geocacher has more than 500 found caches, it can't be used either. Besides that, I'm not sure, that own logs are contained in normal GPX files - they are in the "My finds" (no matter how old they are).

Another wish:

5) Be able to use PQ with archived caches (so GSAK can be updated correctly, without having to do "tricks"). Maybe it should be an option to choose how many days back, it should go. Like "include caches, that have been archived the last X days".