Temporary Cache

racatv

I'd like to place a cache at a vacation location for only a couple weeks. It would only be acsessable by private members of this location. I was thinking of posting the waypoints on a message board in a way only a geocacher would know and go from there. It wouldn't have an official "GCXXX" number, but I was thinking they could e-mail and they could log one of mine. Has anyone ever done something like this, or any better ideas?

I'd say place the cache, post it to the message board, and hope they have a great time.

But not everything that you find with a GPS needs a smiley added to your GC.com account. Leave out the logging on another cache page and it sounds like a lot of fun.

I'd say place the cache, post it to the message board, and hope they have a great time.

But not everything that you find with a GPS needs a smiley added to your GC.com account. Leave out the logging on another cache page and it sounds like a lot of fun.

yes, this is what I'll do. I know I wouldn"tcare about a log like this on vacation. I just want to keep this private, plus it is private property. I'm just curios if there will be other cacher there, so

i'll just check the log in the cache, plus I'll actually be able to see them hunt and find it. Maybe I'll just have them turn and wave..lol.