My Data base is becoming corupt

PLMerry

Greetings to all,

I have been down loading available caches via PQ for about five months now. I am starting to get frustrated when I go out and try to find a caches that are temporarily deactivated or archived. I now have a PQ that looks for Non Active caches, but this seems to only bring up the temporarily deactivated caches and not the archived caches.

Any one have ideas on how to down load archived caches for a region say from Jan till now. Or maybe from now on find caches that have been archived within the last week or month?

Thanks

Pete

PLMerry

Now you know one of the many good reasons that TPTB frown upon keeping a personal offline database. They WANT you to visit the website and get new fresh data regularly.

Miragee affers a good workaround. My solution is to delete your data and start fresh --- regularly. The folks at HQ generously keep all the data fresh for you - all you have to do is visit the site.

The only problem with doing that is you will not get more Past Logs building up in the database. Sometimes it is that 12th Past Log on your Palm that gives the hint that enables you to find the cache. :(

If you get in the habit of doing the "Last Update .gpx" filter, along with the other filters you use regularly, like the "Last 2 DNF" filter, you can keep those pesky Archived caches out of your database.

When you load your PQ into GSAK check the box that says 'Clear database before loading'.

Defeats most of the reason for keeping a database.

Do as miragee says.

I have filters set up to match my PQs. After updating the Db, I run the filter of the day, sort on the Last GPX column, and download by hand the cache gpxs that were not updated. It sounds like a lot of work but it only takes a few minutes every day to keep databases for two entire states up to date.