How to attach a photo to a user email?

ragtop2

When sending a message to a user via geocaching.com, is there a way to attach a photo to the message? I Logged a virtual cache where the owner wanted a picture of me at the cache as evidence of the find. The owner did not list his email address in his profile so I emailed by "sending a message" through geocaching.com but could not find a method to attach the photo. :)

#1) You can't attach a photo when you send messages through the GC website

#2) It is a common thing that owners want photo proof that you were at their virtual. Webcams require attached photos...Earthcaches require attached photos...some virtuals caches themselves will require attached photos. However, those attached photos are not meant to be emailed to the owners. You are supposed to upload them onto your online log.

Log your find for the virtual...then after you clicked "submit log entry" you will see a link on the page that comes up saying "Upload an Image"...click that link and you will be able to browse through the pictures on your computer to select the one that fits the requirement for the virtual cache.

Edit to add - If you already logged the find and you are wanting to go back and upload a picture...Go to the cache listing that you are wanting to post the picture, and scroll down the logs to find yours. You will see a link at the bottom of your log that says "upload an image for this log" and you are set.

Edited by Super_Nate

When sending a message to a user via geocaching.com, is there a way to attach a photo to the message? I Logged a virtual cache where the owner wanted a picture of me at the cache as evidence of the find. The owner did not list his email address in his profile so I emailed by "sending a message" through geocaching.com but could not find a method to attach the photo. :)

In some cases, the owner may not want spoiler pictures uploaded to the logs. In that case, you can upload the picture to a site like ImageShack, and just email the link to the picture.