Slightly Modifying a cache name

We currently have 10 'live' caches, amongst them 5 camo micros, imaginatively named "BK Camo 1, BK Camo 2" etc, named in order of placement.

However, we sometimes forget which is which :cool: , and would like to add to each cache name a couple of words indicating a rough location, along the lines of "BK Camo 4 - The Marsh", "BK Camo 5 - The Lane".

What we don't want is cachers to think these are new caches - unlikely, I know, as they would not show up on new cache notifications, but we seem to have a lot of newbies around here.

Can anyone see any potential issues with this, or shall we go ahead and modify the names?

We've made a slight change to one of our cache names in the past and had no problems at all with it. The fact that everything else on the cache page, including the co-ords, are the same will mean it's obvious what you have done to other cachers.

Can anyone see any potential issues with this, or shall we go ahead and modify the names?

I may be mistaken but I think simply renaming a cache will still show up in a cachers 'done' list.

Jon

nope, you're right Jon - all the stats are essentially based on the GC code. If the cacher has done it, they probably wont even notice!

Dave