Garmin USB Drivers

Hello,

I need some serious help. I updated to the latest version of the POI loader and Mapsouce two nights ago. I checked that the software was updated but did not connect my Garmin 60CSx. Last night I connected and I get a windows message "Found New Hardware". I try to reload the driver and I get a windows message saying something failed in the update. I can't connect to the PC.

I went to Garmin and got the latest driver update, but it fails as well.

I deleted the driver through the device manager, I then removed all Garmin software, then tried to reload the driver from my original Mapsource disk I received with the unit. I can load the software but still can't connect with the USB cable.

Each time I try to connect the gpsr, I get the message "Found New Hardware"....

I am at a loss for what happened. I have been using the previous version of the POI loader and Mapsouce for several months without a hitch.

Help would really be appreciated.

Flap

Here's my emails to a friend. Hope it helps:

What a nightmare. I want to go back to Black and White TV. Tried 2 restore points, but the computer would allow neither. I had all these unsigned driver install points. That led me to thinking. Maybe I actually had to have the browser up and running and maybe the gods would sign them. So I got online and did the new hardware thing and guessed my way through the wizard and it worked! So far anyway. Thanks guys! This stuff is really tough on my mental heath.

---------------------------

Help! What do I do? Every time I connect my 60cx to the computer it says new hardware found, and does a wizard for it but errors out. I tried downloading garmins newest drivers but that won't go either. Now my web updater won't work either after trying to redo the software install. After cancelling all this stuf the gps will talk to my mapsource and easy GPS but how do I fix this? System restore? Hard reset? how do you do that?

From time to time I get the system to rediscover the 60CX too ! This is windows, got to accept it !

At one point, it was even worse, every second time I would transfer to/from the 60CX, my PC rebooted !

This disappeared after the latest Windows updates.

You have to realize that there is absolutely no piece of software that is bug free !!!

From time to time I get the system to rediscover the 60CX too !

Plugging your 60cx into a different USB port than you originally used to set it up will require you to install the Driver again.

Also for anyone having issues with their USB driver after updating mapsource I would recommend downloading the newest USB driver from garmin, the new one for the 60csx has a pretty fool-proof installer.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=591

Edited by hogrod

From time to time I get the system to rediscover the 60CX too !

Plugging your 60cx into a different USB port than you originally used to set it up will require you to install the Driver again.

Also for anyone having issues with their USB driver after updating mapsource I would recommend downloading the newest USB driver from garmin, the new one for the 60csx has a pretty fool-proof installer.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=591

I did use the latest driver and I still received the message that the dirver install failed.

However, I finally did install the thing by going into the advanced setting on the hardware wizard, selected the newest driver (it must have been saved somewhere) and got the dang thing to work again.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Flap