Earthcache questions

minstrelcat

Yes it will appear with the other caches you have created.

I know that Earth Caches are looked at a lot closer and must meet some scrict guidelines for education, permission etc...

That and I think only 1 guy is doing the reviewing and checking. Be patient. Mine is a few year's old but took about 2 weeks to get going.

Yes it will appear with the other caches you have created.

I know that Earth Caches are looked at a lot closer and must meet some scrict guidelines for education, permission etc...

That and I think only 1 guy is doing the reviewing and checking. Be patient. Mine is a few year's old but took about 2 weeks to get going.

One guy, and he does have a "helper". I did have one that slipped through the cracks (submitted a few days after last XMAS), and after about two weeks, I emailed, and it did in fact get lost in the que somewhere. So it does happen.

I'm quite sure there are no confirmation emails after submission. And I do think it's kind of weird that your submission sort of disappears until listed on this website, as opposed to a traditional cache submitted to this website, which you can go to town editing from the get-go.

And I do think it's kind of weird that your submission sort of disappears until listed on this website, as opposed to a traditional cache submitted to this website, which you can go to town editing from the get-go.

Thanks for the replies! That seemed odd to me too - I was half expecting it to appear on gc.com straight away, even if it was only listed as waiting for review. At the moment I don't even know if it made it to the reviewer.

I have no problem with waiting, I'd just like to know it hasn't vanished all together.

Lisa

EDIT: Well, I should have checked my e-mail first - it's been reviewed and published and found already! Not a very long wait - thanks earthcache reviewer!

Edited by minstrelcat

Hi all

We try to clear the EarthCache submission with a few days of submittal. Sometimes, and its rare, one slips by us due to an issue with the way people put data into the form. If this happens, just email us at earthcache@geosociety.org and we will fix it pronto!

Cheers

Geoaware

(Gary, Chris and Jen)