The Lowrance iFinder GO ?

Mr_Dude

Hello all,

I have a Garmin etrex legend that seems to work OK, was thinking about a back-up or loaner/hand-out unit, Is the Lowrance iFinder GO (yellow) worth purchasing for a beginner or back-up GPS unit? Does anyone have any hands on experince with this particular model? Is 16 channels better than 12 channels??

http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Outdoors/iFINDERGO.asp

TIA

Mr_Dude

PS> I may be new to geocache.com/Groundspeak as a registered member, though I've been lurking for awhile and been online for 12+ years :)

Hello all,

I have a Garmin etrex legend that seems to work OK, was thinking about a back-up or loaner/hand-out unit, Is the Lowrance iFinder GO (yellow) worth purchasing for a beginner or back-up GPS unit? Does anyone have any hands on experince with this particular model? Is 16 channels better than 12 channels??

Hi Mr_Dude,

I received a Lowrance iFinder Go2 for Christmas over a year ago. Found the menu system, especially toggling between beginner and advanced mode a little confusing. I'm sure with some use, it would make more sense. While it seemed to have a data port on the back, it did not come with a data cable and that did not seem to be a supported option. I did not like it.

Sent it back and got a Garmin eTrex Legend. $149 and it came with a data cable, albeit a !@#$% serial cable. :rolleyes: I had to get a USB-Serial Converter so I could use. I've found 158 caches with it and have had little problem with it. I'm hoping it will turn into a 60Csx when it grows up. :laughing:

JohnTee

I have an Ifinder GO and IFinder expedition C. Started with the Go over a year ago and it works great, especially after rigging a cable to allow waypoint downloads to the unit. The GO has great accuracy, compared to other <$150 units. It matches the Expedition C too.

I'd recommend the GO any day, especially for the price you can't beat it.

I have an Ifinder GO and IFinder expedition C. Started with the Go over a year ago and it works great, especially after rigging a cable to allow waypoint downloads to the unit. The GO has great accuracy, compared to other <$150 units. It matches the Expedition C too.

I'd recommend the GO any day, especially for the price you can't beat it.

Thanks for the input everyone :(

Sorry for the last blank post. Hit the wrong #@$%! key.

Question for demhackbardt..

What program do you use to download to the GO?

I have a GO2 and have tied Babel and several other programs but I can only convert data to a lowrance.usr fiel.

Any suggestions?