Looking For Magellan 210 or higher

JJML

Are you committed to Magellan? You can get a Garmin eTrex (yellow) with WAAS capability and a computer interface for under $100 brand new. For a little more you can get one of the mapping eTrexes if you want mapping (map software averages $100 whether road or topo).

Happy Trails!

Candy

I'm not sure really.. i currently have the magellan 200, and i dont know anyone who has other brands. I did research a little on the etrex (yellow), it seems to be pretty basic, even compared to the one I already have. Are there other brands besides these two? thanks!

i have a e-trex legend for sale. it is like new i also have a case, data cable,dvd guide from garmin, all the

manuals and the quick start up guide for it. if you have any questions e-mail me at cb88@insightbb.com i

have pictures for all of the stuff. 100 dollars for the stuff and 10 dollars shipping 110 total i have an

yahoo im its fraire_1999 this is a very good gps its a must have i do have paypal also so lets talk

i have a 210 and a 60cx and the 210 gets signifacantly better accuracy due to magellans 14 channels compared to garmins 12

I would send your 60CSx back to Garmin. As I understand it the SiRF III is built on 20 channel architecture but only displays the strongest 12 channels. Since there are only 24 satellites surrounding the whole earth, what is the maximum number of birds you can receive at one spot? I just did a quick test with my 60CSx and eXplorist 500. I turned both on in the open sky for 20 minutes. 60CSx had 10 birds full scale and 10’ EPE. EXplorist 500 had 8 birds full scale and 1 bird occasionally with very weak signal. EXplorist 500 bounced between 10’ and 22’ EPE. I don’t take much stock in the EPE since it is estimated but the true test would be to take them both to an adjusted benchmark. To say that one gets significantly better accuracy is a bit of a stretch.

Edited by Cacheoholic

thanks for the additional info! back to the original posting, i am still looking for a gps unit. i've checked out the garmin yellow and legend, but the current gps i have still has more capabilties than those do, the only problem is i can't download to it! Sooooo, i am still looking for a downloadable! thanks!

Get a Lowrance Ifinder. the Go and Go2 models have a built in basemap and 16 channel + WAAS and you can get the Go and GO2 both for under $80 on eBay. Only kicker is not compatable with a p/c connection. Had the GO2 for a while and liked it, but I sold it because the map took a while to refresh. Worked good for the money though.

I am a Garmin man, but I think the correct choice for you would be the Explorist 210 or 400. Unless you prefer color. Have a look at the Explorist 400 Value Pack with Topo USA on ebay for around 175 including shipping. If that's beyond your price limit, the 400 without the topo or the 210 would be suitable. You're used to the Explorist interface, and the Explorists are a good seried of GPS's. If you think you would be more comfortable with that, stick with it, you'll be happy.

Hello All,

I am looking to buy a gps unit a magellan 210 or higher or a comparable model. I want one that I can download waypoints to instead of having to manually enter them. thanks!

You can get the 210 Bundle on SALE now at Bass Pro Shops for only $159.88

Click on this link: http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...0001000_200-1-3

I will sell you my Explorist 400 with 256MB card all original packaging and software , as well as Topo USA 3d

daniel.churchwell@gmail.com

Hello All,

I am looking to buy a gps unit a magellan 210 or higher or a comparable model. I want one that I can download waypoints to instead of having to manually enter them. thanks!

i have a 210 i would sale. its about 6 months old comes with all stuff that you get in the package. works great. would take 90 shipped.