[NEW] Swiss Non-Smoker Geocoin / Yeti-Brätle Coin

charles.vane

This coin looks to be a personal coin and it seems to me that the design of PERSONAL coins is up to the PERSON the coin belongs too... :D I would buy it, if there are any left next time I can spend a few bucks on a coin.

edit to say if someone made a personal pro-smoking coin, I'd prolly buy it, too :D

There is nothing on there that show's the cachers name or 'handle' so it isn't a personal coin. It's a political statement and shouldn't be allowed.

Get over it smoker!

Agreed Nero!!

It's Black Box's personal coin and is a HEALTH statement not a political statement!

A nice enough coin. Can't say I agree or disagree with the anti smoking...I use to smoke, but now I don't. Either way, this will be a touchy subject.

But is the coin THAT nice? I mean, $24.33 for ONE COIN to ship to Canada....wow! That's almost unbelieveable....

PASS!

FX.

Edited by Filter X

This coin looks to be a personal coin and it seems to me that the design of PERSONAL coins is up to the PERSON the coin belongs too... :laughing: I would buy it, if there are any left next time I can spend a few bucks on a coin.

edit to say if someone made a personal pro-smoking coin, I'd prolly buy it, too :laughing:

There is nothing on there that show's the cachers name or 'handle' so it isn't a personal coin. It's a political statement and shouldn't be allowed.

Get over it smoker!

What we need is a No Fat zone coin, but that would sell! That's the next big tax the government is working on. Thinning us all up.

Edited by 501_Gang

What we need is a No Fat zone coin, but that would sell! That's the next big tax the government is working on. Thinning us all up.

As someone who is more than a little overweight and who uses geocaching hikes as a means to try to lose some of the extra, I don't think I'd have a problem with this. Anything that helps me lose the weight is a positive. As for some of your other comments earlier, responding to them here would be dramatically off-topic, so I won't. We have enough of that sort of thing already; we don't need me adding to it.

Okay, maybe I haven’t said this in the right way, so let me try it this way. No one is perfect. We all have our short comings, vices, deficiencies, etc., but to be singled out by someone is wrong. No matter what our differences are, we, as a community, should be able to over look them and accept them, and not chastise or belittle each other for them.

We have people from all walks of life that play this game, sport or whatever you want to call it and to pick on someone for being a drinker, smoker, different sexual orientation, religion, or non-religious, different color or race, big or small, heavy or thin, is wrong.

We should respect each other and try and get along, not separate or point out each others differences. Society does that for us everyday. Why bring it here to our game? That’s the point I’ve been trying to make. I’m not usually good with words and usually get in trouble by saying the first thing that pops into my head, as I’ve done recently. I hope I haven’t offended to many people lately, and if I have I’m sorry, it wasn’t my intentions, I was just trying to prove a point.

No offense taken personally B)

Now that being said, I feel pretty bad for charles vane. Reason is, I know quite a few people that simply want to know the meaning behind the coin. Did he quit smoking? Does he support anti-smoking laws? Is it just that he likes red circles with slashes through them? Etc. Anyway, one side of the coin is his caching nick, simple. But, if I were charles vane, I wouldn't touch this thread with a 10 foot pole. And, the questions continue to go unanswered.

I don't give a hoot about smoking or non-smoking. I'm easy that way. But, I think the atmosphere here is preventing good discussion from the coin owner. :)

Holy sh... aah.. smoke!!!

B)

i just postet the link for the new coin...

:)

i am not interestet in that smoking or non-smoking discussion. Even if i have also a private opinion about this i dont think this is realy important.

i am not black box. this is another swiss geocacher, who produces this coin. if you are interestet in his intention to do such a coin, you may ask him not me...

it seems that some dicussions (religion, politics, drugs, etc). are quite difficult to do in a factual way. such discussions always became very emotional.

however, thanks to all smokers to keep this thread up. so a good part of the coins are sold... (no, just kiddin' - there are still a lot of coins there...)

B)

happy cachin' and happy coin-collectin. (smoking or non-smoking).

:):):D

charles.vane

Okay, maybe I haven’t said this in the right way, so let me try it this way. No one is perfect. We all have our short comings, vices, deficiencies, etc., but to be singled out by someone is wrong. No matter what our differences are, we, as a community, should be able to over look them and accept them, and not chastise or belittle each other for them.

We have people from all walks of life that play this game, sport or whatever you want to call it and to pick on someone for being a drinker, smoker, different sexual orientation, religion, or non-religious, different color or race, big or small, heavy or thin, is wrong.

We should respect each other and try and get along, not separate or point out each others differences. Society does that for us everyday. Why bring it here to our game? That’s the point I’ve been trying to make. I’m not usually good with words and usually get in trouble by saying the first thing that pops into my head, as I’ve done recently. I hope I haven’t offended to many people lately, and if I have I’m sorry, it wasn’t my intentions, I was just trying to prove a point.

Very nice post. Just keep in mind that just about everything is devisive by nature. Caches that require SCUBA gear exclude those that aren't certified. Caches that require a 5-mile hike up a mountain can exclude the elderly or those not in shape. Tough puzzles can exclude those who aren't good at analyzing puzzle solutions.

Everybody should keep in mind that because a cache/coin comes out FOR a group of people, it doesn't automatically mean it's AGAINST those who aren't in that group or purposely EXCLUDE anybody. It may be a moot point here since this is supposed to be a personal coin, but it bears saying.

Holy sh... aah.. smoke!!!

B)

i just postet the link for the new coin...

:)

i am not interestet in that smoking or non-smoking discussion. Even if i have also a private opinion about this i dont think this is realy important.

i am not black box. this is another swiss geocacher, who produces this coin. if you are interestet in his intention to do such a coin, you may ask him not me...

it seems that some dicussions (religion, politics, drugs, etc). are quite difficult to do in a factual way. such discussions always became very emotional.

however, thanks to all smokers to keep this thread up. so a good part of the coins are sold... (no, just kiddin' - there are still a lot of coins there...)

:D

happy cachin' and happy coin-collectin. (smoking or non-smoking).

B):D:)

charles.vane

This is just chatter. Don't let any comments in here scare you (or the other cacher) away from this discussion.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

This coin looks to be a personal coin and it seems to me that the design of PERSONAL coins is up to the PERSON the coin belongs too... :D I would buy it, if there are any left next time I can spend a few bucks on a coin.

edit to say if someone made a personal pro-smoking coin, I'd prolly buy it, too :D

Get over it smoker!

If someone wants to make it, why not?